Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Novel Recommendations? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Novel Recommendations?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"what if Douglas Adams tried to write trek"

The Trekkie's Guide To The Galaxy?
So Long, And Thanks For All The Nerds?
Life, The Universe And Fanboys?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Well, that sounds excellent. Unless you meant to finish that thought with "except not funny".

Oh....some parts are hilarious and even endearing in a comedic sort of way, it's just that when that's the norm for every page, it gets old very very fast.

David's humor can work very well in a Trek novel when used to punctuate very tense and dramatic novels (Imzadi was a great early one he wrote) but lately his novels are severly lacking in antagonist and plot, and that just leaves the slapstick humor.

Mabye he just needs a break from writing or something.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, everyone, for all the information. I've already gotten through "The Battle of Betazed," although the rest will have to wait until they show up at the used bookstore...

Marian

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some parts are hilarious and even endearing in a comedic sort of way

My personal favorite: "Status of the engines, Lieutennant?" "...oh my GOD, they're GONE!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps