Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Making of Star Trek (and TMP) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Making of Star Trek (and TMP)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by robb:
It's funny, back then it was hard to find things like that. Now, it's all just a mouse click away.

--Robb

Like pics of women screwing farm animals, trek discussion groups and snuff films.....

We live in intresting times.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
If FJ was stoned, I could mabye forgive him for the silly Saladin/ Hermes scout kitbash.

Mabye. [/QB]

There's no accounting for taste.

Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give FJ massive credit for being the very first to kitbash Fed ships and for making designs that could have been easily incorporated into the old TOS show (within their budget even!).
FJ also inspired hundreds of Trek fans to make their own designs nad that's paved the way for all the cool designs that have been made since.

...but looking at the ships objectivly, I really think they're lacking (the exception being the Dreadnaught with the forward facing shuttlebay).

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aye, you never know... Trek might very well have gone the direction of the FJ Designs. Heck, The Shows and movies are full of his stuff, in the background. How many othert fans can have that said about them?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, I think Alex Yeager's stuff for First Contact gave Trek a kick in the butt for starship designs (although, Eaves has now taken those radical depatures waaaay back into pre-TOS history).

The closest thing we've seen to a FJ homage has been the Freedom and AGT Enterprise: two reviled designs.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to mess with your head, I created a cut-and-paste Excelsior-based destroyer/scout. Alas, I don't have enough posts to use Flare Upload, or a web site to post it on, so you're safe. For the moment. [Big Grin]

Marian

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mail it to [email protected].

It's my work addie, so I'll have to yank it off here in a little bit.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
Just to mess with your head, I created a cut-and-paste Excelsior-based destroyer/scout. Alas, I don't have enough posts to use Flare Upload, or a web site to post it on, so you're safe. For the moment. [Big Grin]

Marian

What would you use for the "neck" leading to the nacelle?
Not the thick one from the Excelsior (I hope!)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

Of course I used the Excelsior neck. It was meant as a joke, not a serious attempt to create a new ship. I think I may have spent five whole minutes on it.

But what the heck, I mailed it. Just remember you asked for it. [Smile]

Marian

PS: to give credit where it's due, the original image I pasted from was SciFiArt.com's side view of their 3D Excelsior model.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://topher.pleh.net/sha'ras

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Provided by Marian.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MarianLH
Member # 1102

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
http://topher.pleh.net/sha'ras

[Big Grin]

"Oh! The pain! It burns, it burns!"

Call me prudish, but I think naming starship classes after beer brands is a bit low-brow...

[Smile]
Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

God damn, Topher: If I ever need to know what not to do when making a new ship, I'll use that site as refrence.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those ships are from long long ago...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

S'Okay: I've been re-building and re-painting many of my old models.

Time and experience really do make prior works seem lacking.

Any modeler would cringe in horror at the Ambassador class I stripped before I re-painted her.

She's bueatiful now though. [Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.