Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Millenium Falcon in First Contact (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Millenium Falcon in First Contact
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Millenium Falcon appearing in Star Trek: First Contact has been the subject of a lot of rumors, so I thought I would post some screencaps to confirm that it's actually true. These were from Ares over at SCN.

-

-

-

John Knoll, ILM visual effects supervisor, worked on the effects for Star Trek First Contact and the Star Wars special editions. He slipped the newly made digital model of the Millenium Falcon into the Borg/Starfleet space battle. This was reported in several Star Trek fan magazines and can be seen if you have a DVD player with zoom and slow motion features.
The ship is quite small and is flying typically above and behind the Borg cube in several shots of the battle. If you can zoom and slow motion your DVD image, you can make out the shape of Han Solo's ship.

*site admin's note: Due to being linked from WikiPedia, this topic is closed to prevent bumping*

[ December 17, 2005, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on the fact that the ship is far behind the 3000 meter wide cube, that'd be a 500-600 meter long Falcon!

One biiig wookie must be at the controls!
Imagine the shuttlecraft-sized dice hanging in the cockpit!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one ever said that Star Trek and Star Wars were to scale of each other.

I actually read that there were some other "easter eggs" of that sort in the movie other than the MF as well...however I refuse to believe. [Cool]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When Picard is attempting to deactivate the magnetic interlocks on the deflector, the screen briefly flashes "AE-35 Unit", which was the faulty dish on Discovery in "2001."

And the Borg eyepieces are flashing the names of the major cast and crew in Morse Code throughout the movie.

I'm sure there's other stuff as well.

John Knoll also put what looks like the Ralph MacQuarrie Phase Two Enterprise Study Model (The ugly Star Destroyer-ish one) flying back and forth across the window when Queen Amidala's telling Palpatine that she will be returning to Naboo in The Phantom Menace.

http://www.theforce.net/episode1/hidden/hidden_stuff_page_11.shtml

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/6/1709.html?

Wow, it isn't even April Fool's Day...

--------------------
Meh

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

Do you have those images from the link you posted anywhere? If it's the same ones then that will prove them to be fake. Because I know this guy Ares, and he said he made the screencaps himself after the topic was brought up over at SCN. And I couldn't find any such pics on the net.

It's posted in the Treknology section at SCN if you don't believe me. I'm not playing any trick. And if he is he's sure got a roundabout way of doing it.

There's also a seperate unrelated quote from an Easter Egg site saying that John Knoll did do that. Now, it's not an interview with the man himself, but he does little in jokes like this all the time in all of the movies he works on.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Unfortunately, I do not...but when you posted them, they looked familiar.

--------------------
Meh

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

It's not that I doubt what your saying, but this guy just doesn't strike me as the prankster type. And if it is, what's the payoff? It's not even April Fools, like you said. [Wink]

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

He might've been fooled, too.

--------------------
Meh

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But he took the caps himself!

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Well, I don't know what it is. Maybe the Falcon is in there somewhere. Can anyone make new caps, to see if it is?

--------------------
Meh

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a blurry Steamrunner to me.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blast, can't figure out how to edit my post. On the one hand, it looks like a blurry Steamrunner. On the other hand, I can see the Falcon
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the Zandura. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Blast, can't figure out how to edit my post.

Click on this --->  - --- above your post.

Also note how it says "Edit/Delete Post" when you put your mouse over it. [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.