Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek 10 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek 10
Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to start a thread about the next Star Trek movie (in early, early pre-development right now I hear), which will not only be an even numbered one but will bring the movie franchise into double digit territory , just to see what everyone would like to see in the next movie. DS9 characters (besides Worf of course)? Romulans?

I would tend to aggree with what Patrick Stewart said he wanted in a past interview, a kind of sequel of Insurrection. That would mean the next movie would deal with some kind of corruption in Starfleet, or the Federation abandoning its original principles, and the crew of the Enterprise there to fight for Federation beliefs. I think this kind of story line has a lot of potential (for a good story plus lots of action), and would fit in nicely with what's been happening over at DS9, and it would also provide a good opportunity to introduce some DS9 characters (especially Bashir with Section 31).

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
grb
Ex-Member

Perhaps wo8uld the corruption be connected with the coruption in insurrection? I hope that this time we'd get to see the federation council and regular federation citizen's reaction to things. Maybe the corruption could somehow happen on the federation member worlds. Wait, i suddenly got an idea....

Star Trek: (pretty nifty title, i don;t know what))

Voice over..."On the eve of a great return...."

View of a bunch of starships flying into formation

voice over....".....a great discovery....."

All of this light stuff coming out of this sphere thingy

"will change the galaxy...."

a bunch of people standing in fr0nt of a big building

"for good"

a cheering crowd

"or for bad"

night time, that same big building explodes

"a threat is coming to the final frontier"

this alien army comes of of the sphere

"that cannot be stopped"

picard looks all worried at something, we don;t see what

the federation council president, in front of the council, shot down by some type of energy beam

"On december 10th, 2000, the threat is com9ing"

picard, to the federation council "it must be stopped"

one of those alien dudes "we can not be beaten"

the alienb arym marching

picard "no!"

troi "I feel...anger!"

data "it..."

bunch of laser beams and stuff

data "...is..."

a federation fleet with all of its ships burning

data "...coming..."

more buildings expldiong, protestors screaming as the lasers split them apart, the council stadning, the fleet attacking some other ships, the symbol of the UFP...

alien soldier "victory is ours"

the UFP symbol starting to burn

well, that';s the preview. The story wpoudl go something like this.....

A federation exp[edition (that big fleet flying in formation) returns from the large magelantic cloud, a nearby galaxy (the fleet got there using transwarp drive). picard and the enterprise come to earth to greet them back. the fleet presents this weird diuscovery (that sphere of light) to the federation council. The enterprise stays near earth along with the expedition fleet, kinda looking over stuff and going to parades, because this expedition was pretty famous with the common federation citizens. Suddenly, there is an anouncement: the federation council is turing control of the federation over to these alines, who starts coming out of the sphere. Starfleet doesn;t do anything, they're all in agreement with the council. federation citizens protest, but they are shot down by eoither starfleet or the aliens. The enterprise deosn;t know what to do. They seem to be the only starfleeet ship that isnp;t very happy. cause, see, for a long time, the enterprise has been on an expedition to the center of the galaxy (they were using the slipstream drive). So the enterprise now goes and hides with this rebelion of federation citizens. They find out that, for a long time, these aliens have knwon about the federation and have been trying to take it over. They engineered that whole ba'ku oncoident in "insurection" because thhey wanted those strange particle thingys. Anyway, starfleet comes and destoys the little rebelion thingy. The enterprise sneeks back to earth, and finbds out that th alines have blown up the fedceration council, which was only giving power to the aliens to save the people of the federation. The enterpirse sets up a secret rebellion on earth. The enterprise then coordiantes rebellions on all of the federation wortlds. Just as the alines are about to kill every federation citizen to make room for their own colonization, the federartion rebels, and the day is saved.

Kinda nifty, but probabably too dark......

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see either the Romulans or Q.

I've also wanted to see about the Magellanic Clouds on Star Trek. I'm sure there's someone there.

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

grb
Ex-Member

Actually,what's interesting about the magelantic clouds is that life might not form in them. In the milky way, there is an interstellar medium of hydrogen gas thick enough to transport the elements needed for life to start from the supernovas where they are created to the worlds where they create life. In the magelantic clouds life would not exsist at all or would be very, very rare.

Also, in the star trek universe, humanoids are abundant in the galaxy because one "mother race" of humanoids created all of the other humanoids. The magelantic clouds may not include decendants of this mother race, meaning that there would be room for different, truly alien spieces to develop.

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
Ba'ku incident.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is still awestruck by grb's ST10 outline*

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already came up with a nice title for the next movie:

Star Trek: Dominion Wars

How does that sound???

*puts a helmet on his head and hides*

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bombs the Netherlands again*

Good teaser trailer, but it'll never happen. Can you say Sphere? Can you say Event Horizon? Can you, in fact, say Thirdspace?

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see the ENTERPRISE put through it's paces. I really hated the way it was treated in that last wanker movie. If the Joystick returns, I'll stop watching anything new from Trek.

------------------
Parallax

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grb: Cool preview, but get rid of Troi's "anger" comment. We're all sick of it.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some possible titles I cooked up:

Star Trek: Beyond
Star Trek: Alliance
Star Trek: Millenium
Star Trek: Continuum
Star Trek: Dark Frontier (yes, I know...)
Star Trek: Beta (for the Rommies)
Star Trek: Gamma (for the Dommies)
Star Trek: Dominion
Star Trek: The War
Star Trek: Romulan
Star Trek: The God's Anger
Star Trek: Prophecies

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

grb
Ex-Member

Well, about Star Trek: To Boldy Go. "To bodly go" is the mission of the enterprise. Perhaps it is a fitting title for the last movie about a starship called enterprise? Instead of bodly go, there are other names that are based off the mission of the enterprise:

Star Trek: To Seek Out

Star Trek: The Final Frontier (I still beleive Star Trek 5 NEVER HAPPENED, but was just a sick nightmare inplanted in the brains of star trek fans by william shatner)

Star Trek: Voyages

Star Trek: Voyage

Star Trek: Countinuing Mission

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
Ba'ku incident.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Continuation

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boring stuff. Except:

Star Trek: Millenium
Star Trek: Continuum
Star Trek: Dark Frontier (yes, I know...)
Star Trek: Dominion
Star Trek: Prophecies

------------------

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Fires full phasers at grb*

I actually LIKED Star Trek 5!!!! Yeah, I admit the story was lame, but still I thought certain parts were cool (Spock's boots especially).

Other then Spock's boots, the shuttles, the subtle background humor, and getting to see my favorite starship design, the movie was, well, dumb.

*Beams up to the Sovereign and raises the shields*

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

Some parts were neat. The boots, the BOP firing, and the BOP right above Krik. It's also a great movie to nitpick...

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps