Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Bye Bye, Scotty...... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bye Bye, Scotty......
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James Doohan Dead at 85

[Frown]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He will be sadly missed.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how many of the original cast and secondary crew are left?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most, to my knowledge.

The only main stars to have died are DeForrest Kelley (Bones) and now Doohan. And, of course, Thre Great Bird of the Galaxy (Roddenberry).

Plenty of secondary characters and guest stars have passed on.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap.

I didn't know his middle name was Montgomery. They must've named his character after him.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fathering a child at 80 is strange business.

Anyway, he led a full life.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most certainly.

I didn't know he lived in Redmond, Washington.

thesonofodin
Member # 1025

- posted      Profile for thesonofodin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a sad day when we lose such a beloved member of the family. James Doohan will be missed sorely. I will say that the character he created in Scotty, inspired me to always be able to be a miracle worker, in every sense of the word. Now, he joins Bones and The Great Bird of the Galaxy, in the heavens, to inspire us all. Godspeed James.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with wearing Depends at my age!!!
I'm just too lazy to get up and goto the bathroom!!!!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This saddens me greatly. [Frown]
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So long, Scotty.

--------------------
Meh

Wee Bairns
Member # 1324

- posted      Profile for Wee Bairns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP, Jimmy Doohan. You'll be missed, laddie. Hope somebody will look after yer "poor wee bairns."

(Where do you think my username came from?)

--------------------
Visit the Clive Cussler Forum at http://clivecusslerforum.com/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodbye to an actor that created one of pop culture's most memorable characters.

I have a book on tape (Kabayshi Maru) that he did the reading for that is very impressive in his range....a good listen, if you have not heard it, download it.

Man, I hope I'm still able to father kids at 80!
Talk about verility....

quote:
The Canadians crossed a minefield laid for tanks; the soldiers weren't heavy enough to detonate the bombs. At 11:30 that night, he was machine-gunned, taking six hits: one that took off his middle right finger (he managed to hide the missing finger on screen), four in his leg and one in the chest. Fortunately the chest bullet was stopped by his silver cigarette case
Woah.

Yahoo really could have chosen a better picture- fuckos.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't say whether his last words were "beam me up, Goddy"...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or "she canna take any more, Grim!".
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In 1973, he complained to his dentist, who advised him: "Jimmy, you're going to be Scotty long after you're dead. If I were you, I'd go with the flow."
God speed, Mr. Doohan.

He'll always be Scotty, there will always be Star Trek. What a legacy!

Oh, he also died on the Anniversary of the First Moon Landing.

Look at the picture slide show - accessed on the left of the screen. The third one calls Spock "Dr. Spock". Bah!

Another headline says he's ashes will be sent into space! Did De Forrest Kelly's go to space or only Gene Roddenberry's, so far?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps