Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Trek - Animated? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Next Trek - Animated?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose anyone's going to wait and actually see the show before decrying it?

No, never mind. I know better.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I don't suppose anyone's going to wait and actually see the show before decrying it?

No, never mind. I know better.

Why not just save time and not watch it.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not save even more time and not talk about it, either?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Year 2530; An Aesth sidenote - why after another 150 years would ship interiors again become items that seem to have a Rip Taylor feel about them?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why not save even more time and not talk about it, either?

Cause you can always spare a LITTLE time. [Smile]

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just not enough to actually keep your mind open along with your mouth.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Awesome I'm in a tag-team bitch-up with Hoggish Greedly and Mrs. Buttloaves! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Given the options, I call dibs on being "Hoggish Greedly".
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Given the options, I call dibs on being "Hoggish Greedly".

You've obviously never watched Captain Planet.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!

Go planet!

By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet. He's our hero

Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified

and he's fighting on the planet's side

Captain Planet. He's our hero

Gonna take pollution down to zero.

Gonna help him put asunder

bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"

We're the planeteers. You can be one too

'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do

Looting and polluting is not the way

Hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. You're officially un-fuckable.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go planet!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"You've obviously never watched Captain Planet."

Not when I could help it, no. On the other hand, I did watch "Ren and Stimpy", but it took a Google search just now to discover that "Mrs. Buttloaves" was a character therefrom. So, take that for what you will.

Lgravity
Member # 2148

- posted      Profile for Lgravity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
[QB]
-150 years post-TNG; 60 years post-Romulan War II

I would love to see a different new Star Trek CGI animated 6-part miniseries (6 hours) using motion capture/CGI but set on the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) using the set blueprints from the original Art Director Matt Jefferies to create accurate CG ship interiors. Not high end movie CGI but adequate for HD animation like a videogame HD trailer. The roles of Kirk, Spock, McCoy could be kept and sound-alike-voice actors could be used. 3-D likenesses of the actors Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley from 1960s photos could be used. Also available 6 months later on DVD/Blu-ray. The CGI visual look somewhere between Atari's new 2009 GHOSTBUSTERS", the video game trailer and 'Star wars:The Clone Wars' 2008 TV series. They could use unfinished/unused scripts from ST:TOS and the 1974 animated series using the original characters. Possibly using a cross between full CGI and a videogame physics/game engine similar to Machinima animation movies to create all the shots. They are telling science fiction stories here on a budget not making a movie. The $fees to get Shatner and Nimoy to do narration VO sessions would be astronomical compared to the animated series in 1974...or...maybe they would do it.

or instead of set during TOS or ST:II-VI how about

Captain Sulu's 3 year mission of the Excelsior?
quote:
By 2290, the Excelsior (NCC-2000) was under the command of the now-Captain Hikaru Sulu. His first assignment was a three-year mission, cataloging gaseous planetary anomalies in the Beta Quadrant. (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_Excelsior
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No offense, but that sounds horrible.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.