Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Trek - Animated? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Next Trek - Animated?
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Clone Wars was high end CGI, they just made an artistic decision to make the characters look like puppets rather than people. Remove them from the film and you could have been watching EpIII.

A shot-for shot upgrade is not something the studio would do, but is within the realms of a dedicated amateur. I think there's already one or two projects going on right now updating the effects shots in a TOS episode. No mean feat if it comes off.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Lgravity
Member # 2148

- posted      Profile for Lgravity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
I think there's already one or two projects going on right now updating the effects shots in a TOS episode.

Do you have one or two URLs for the sources of this info?
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on a Lightwave forum I used to frequent. I think the guy was trying to remake the CGI shots in The Ultimate Computer episode, and doing pretty well. There was another project I remember doing shots from a more planet based episode, but i dont remember which.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Lgravity
Member # 2148

- posted      Profile for Lgravity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
[QB] I think the guy was trying to remake the CGI shots

Try these two tests for TOS characters CGI.

quote:
Paramount seriously considered making a CGI series based on the Original Series. There were also two video tests from the project that were leaked to the public.
Star Trek Animated CGI TV Series [cancelled] Kirk Animation Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmG51JTMVmE&feature=related

Star Trek Animated CGI TV Series [cancelled] Spock Animation Test * Warning Explicit Language *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk73WZ3Ne4&feature=related

this CGI animation uses motion capture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKfX5Hwuoc

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury cancelled 1999 videogame (unreleased from developer Interplay). see the video at 1:25.

quote:
The game used motion-capture and voxel technology, priding itself on attention to detail. Developers bragged about getting DeForest Kelley's forehead bump in 3D, as well as the accurate reproduction of Leonard Nimoy's "5 o'clock shadow" on his shaved eyebrows.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes, I was thinking why nobody had mentioned Secret of Vulcan Fury yet... and to think that it was from 10 years ago... too bad it didn't get released in the end.

(Hi, guys. I've been absent for a looong while, though it wouldn't surprise me if nobody noticed...)

danova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been shaken by the seen.
IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Jesus, not again... [Roll Eyes] What part of "stop ressurrecting old threads with your jibberish" did you not understand?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this user has been dealt with.

danova: if you are actually a person and not a bot, you can email me at chrmargeo AT gmail DOT com.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where E was long winded, this cat was nonsensical...

*Giggles and claps his hands, for something totally not on subject matter*

Fab, do they really make bots for shit like this? o.O I mean, i thought bot-programs where just for spammage of linkies and such (basically not to advertise but to harrash and annoy)?

Right?

o.O Me is not Bot! [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idk, but this bloke has all the trademarks of a bot. Nothing makes sense; it just seems to be finding posts and posting nonsense.

The most interesting thing about this, is that it seems this bot was a test of some sort. Someone had to create the account initially... either that or Flare's CAPTCHA needs to be bumped up.

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't you guys (who run web servers and what-not) have the ability to track and locate IP's (so you can guess where the perp lives? or possibly better predict if they are legit?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Charles might, but I have no idea. I don't go playing in the CP. That's bat country.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I understand it, spamming without any sort of links or anything can be a test to see what sites the spammers can pull their shit on without getting filtered out.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I get a thread revive down here? Ah-thank you.

If anybody's still even remotely interested in this and hasn't yet seen it, the guys that proposed this have put some stuff up regarding the would-have-been show at http://zeroroom.squarespace.com/.

The original pitch is there plus a few near finalised designs (dig the new E, or not) and the first couple of storyboards of the pilot. It would have been a five or six episode arc.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked some of their earlier concepts for the Enterprise alot better than what they came up with. Looks like a Federation Starship and a Star Destroyer had an illegitimate child.

The overall project concept isn't bad, but I don't like the drawing style at all.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.