Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Trek - Animated? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Next Trek - Animated?
becky
Member # 2187

- posted      Profile for becky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forget there are only so many original story lines.I challenge you to think of one.

Voyager was awesome and Enterprise ruined by Archers lame duck captain.

--------------------
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/432/armybeckyattacks0409201.jpg

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa there, newbs. I don't recall anyone criticizing their storyline.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Becks, usually it's de rigueur at Flare to at least introduce yourself before you start bashing people here.

quote:
You forget there are only so many original story lines.I challenge you to think of one.
Did you even bother to read Star Trek: Final Frontiers' PDF script files before making that statement?

quote:
Voyager was awesome and Enterprise ruined by Archers lame duck captain.
Wrong on both counts, and anyway, what does any of that have to do with this topic? Nothing.

DougM, welcome to Flare forums. I'm glad you found us, and are enlightening us on all the hard work you guys did for Final Frontier. Although I originally didn't like your Enterprise design, I think now that it was more a matter of it being very different than what I was used to. And different isn't bad, it's just different. I'd be very interested in learning more about the ship. How old was it by the time of the show? How does the ship compensate for the Omega particle-damaged space?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for DougM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have all our notes in front of me, but our Enterprise was probably ten to twelve years old by the time of the pilot, and Chase was her second captain. It was a standard workhorse ship, designed to patrol the border and occasionally shoot at something.

Basically, an Omega Field acts just like normal space unless you try to go to warp. If you do that, you blow up (it's far more scientific than that, of course). There are still wide swathes of space that are unaffected, so it can warp around quite a bit and explore new worlds, but some areas are limited to impulse only for starships.

The Dragonfly is designed to travel at low warp inside the Omega Field. By maintaining a very small profile at warp and doing some fancy flying, it's possible (but dangerous) to travel at about warp 3 inside the Field. This way, we can reach some planets that have been cut off from starship travel and also investigate inside the field in an attempt to figure out what (or who) caused them.

Thanks for the welcome. You guys seem a little saner than some of the other corners of the web that this project has exposed me too.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, gods, please tell me you haven't been to TrekBBS. They make us look bad. I hope for your sake you haven't been there. If you have, I'm so, so sorry. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*glances at Becky and his asshat comments about Voyier[sp]* Hey, Beck. Go eat a dick, newb.

DougM: Don't fear. I'll pick on you, regardless of your opinion on halflings, i pick on everyone that rubs me raw (or secretly delights me because they bring -new- light or intensity to the conscept we all love: Bashing E {now that guys WAS a asshat})

and besides, my Bro's name was Doug, so automatically you draw fire from the giggle factory... *waves & Salutes from far away* [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for DougM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a problem, anyone who thinks Voyager was awesome immediately loses whatever credibility they had.

There are only two good episodes of Voyager.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are good episodes?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
I strongly approve of the term "besaucered". But I disapprove of the unbesaucered, beblockheadized starships.

I also wish to note regarding the reported Okuda statement that NX-01 had no engineering section per se. And on that note, I wish to also post an image of this ring-nacelled ship, which I saw earlier today and came to mind when I read your mention of which part you were going to screw with.

Perfect for when the Ori join Starfleet. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
There are good episodes?

I always liked "Drone".

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
There are good episodes?

Latent Image and Living Witness. Although I probably missed a few episodes in later seasons so maybe there's one hiding in there.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drone was good... though the idea that a Borg could suddenly become ultra-futurized by accessing one piece of specific 29th century tech (which was built by a man from the 20th century, FYI) was kind of ridiculous.

I thought The Gift was pretty good. Phage was alright. Equinox was good. Year of Hell was good too, though the fact that the ship could take so much damage and still remain operational only reminded me of the realism that was lacking when the ship would magically repair itself from week to week.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Okay, y'all got me there. So there were a few good episodes after all...

--------------------

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

Yeah, Year of Hell was pretty cool up until the reset button.

In non-thread-derailing news, our storyboard artist is working on boards for part three and beyond, so there will be some new stuff up soon. I'm excited about this because there's some great action in four and seeing it come alive, even in storyboard form, will be cool.

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

Hi guys, been a while since this thread had anything going on in it, but I wanted to let everyone know that we just posted 131 new storyboards on the main Final Frontier site. This completes the pilot story with an amazing total of 422 images.

Amazing because our artist did all of them for nothing but the love of the game. And a few small bribes. If you click through the gallery really fast, it's almost like we actually animated it. In crude black and white.

Would love to hear your thoughts here or on the site.

http://zeroroom.squarespace.com/

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps