Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Trek - Animated? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Next Trek - Animated?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! I read the scripts back in January but its really different seeing the storyboards. I'm still not a big fan of that Enterprise design, though. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Storyboards look great. I've been doing alot of them for animation projects at work, though nothing nearly as fun as this.

Much coolness. And the design of your Enterprise is growing on me. [Smile]

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That ship is garbage. Starfleet direction for thier ships is big, aerodynamic (to the point of being ugly), not lego.

but everything else about those drawings screams 90's Animated Batman. And that direction, i find that i like (and secretly hope you could pull this 'project' off). just get ride of the USS Key Shaped Object and your fine. Really.

*shakes head* REFINE the design, put some curves into the edges of the hull. I can stomach square shaped, as long as it isnt completely Lego shaped. If its supposed to be in lineage with ENT's ENT-J, then it needs to be evident that ship makers are looking in that direction of ship design...

*rant, off!*

out of curiousity, have you actually made pitchs to TPTB about a animated trek series? Has anyone?

o.O

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
If its supposed to be in lineage with ENT's ENT-J, then it needs to be evident that ship makers are looking in that direction of ship design...

Uh, no. The Enterprise-J was from an alternate universe where the Sphere-Builders expanded into Federation space from the 22nd century onwards. It has nothing to do with the design lineage of the Prime universe.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
quote:
If its supposed to be in lineage with ENT's ENT-J, then it needs to be evident that ship makers are looking in that direction of ship design...

Uh, no. The Enterprise-J was from an alternate universe where the Sphere-Builders expanded into Federation space from the 22nd century onwards. It has nothing to do with the design lineage of the Prime universe.
oh... yeah... wait. that doesn't mean that they won't build that class of ship, regardless of timeline,would they?

'course, with the official timeline pretty much the JJ-verse timeline (can you say 'cut off from from expired/irrelivent royalties, anyone) who knows what direction ship building goes...

U.S.S. Key-shaped object still isnt the best...

*mumbles*

DougM
Writer/Producer
Zero Room Productions
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for DougM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
REFINE the design, put some curves into the edges of the hull. I can stomach square shaped, as long as it isnt completely Lego shaped. If its supposed to be in lineage with ENT's ENT-J, then it needs to be evident that ship makers are looking in that direction of ship design...

I've explained this a couple times on different boards and on the site itself, but the ship is a CONCEPT design. It was modeled in Sketchup, a program that does not deal well with curves and rounded edges, to give a ROUGH IDEA of what the ship would look like. The actual ship as you would have seen it flying across the screen would not look like that. It would have the same overall shape, but be more refined, have better textures, and be a little more graceful. We did not have time nor budget for a final design. I am working with some artists now to hopefully give people a better idea of a final look, but who knows if that will happen.

We were never looking at it as an extension of the J. It is designed to be a visual indication of the fact that Starfleet has changed and moved away from the ideas of the past. Not that I don't love the J, but it's a ship from a future that never occurred based on events in Enterprise. This is a different future.

quote:
out of curiousity, have you actually made pitchs to TPTB about a animated trek series? Has anyone?

The more complete explanation is on the site, but this story was pitched to Startrek.com and CBS Interactive as a web series. They liked the idea, and we wrote the script and approached animation houses for preliminary budgets. Then CBS laid off everyone at Startrek.com and reshuffled all of CBS Interactive. That pretty much killed it for us.

I am glad you like the project (other than the ship). We're hoping to continue telling our story in script form, so stay tuned to the site for more details.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well get a little off track here, I was cruising on the internet when I stumbled upon this. Dude also did some Star Wars stuff too. (Scroll Down)
Teh PW
Member # 1203

Old news, Mars (remember seeing those on Trekmovie) but i don't have the X-wing grrl *clip*

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...They're new to me.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

*hugs mars* There, there... oh that? Don't worry yourself. It should go off in 40 seconds. I'll be back a moment... [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the one hand I liked the storyline, but I had started to type up a long missive back when I read through the whole treatment about why I didn't feel as if the story really got Star Trek.

But the strength of Trek is that it is many different things to many different people, so what do I know?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps