Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I was bored, so I've decided to post something... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I was bored, so I've decided to post something...
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and posting something I have.

http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/trailer/STOGAMhigh.mov

It's the full trailer for Tim Russ's fan film. Now normally I'm not usually interested in fan films, but I think this worth talking about. So with that, start postin'...

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to it, if nothing else than to see Captain Cameron back in action since we only got a small glimpse way back in Generations.

I just hope it doesn't fall victim to the hype and turn out to be crap.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it's totally Mirror Universe. I don't object to that, I'm just hoping it fits in with the established MU history. Looks like it could, with Chekov's gang being part of the peaceful rebellion started by Mirror Spock.

I'm fairly impressed by all the big names they have on this. And by the 7 of 9-style chick. Nice.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with all the closeups of sweaty old people faces? Did Russ not like the crappy uniforms? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't mind the style of the uniforms. they were all just very sparkly. i can't see evil-harriman wearing anything that's bedazzled.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grrrr... Episode 1 is delayed. They used Cmdr. Baylock to bail them out.

New website today! Check the ship downloads. Conqueror is a nice looking ship.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that looks good.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the nacelles longer than usual on the Conk?

They sweat because the makeup overheats the skin and they don't have puff girls walking around puffing the actors' faces with cotton puffs.
Shatner would've had ghloughers.

Bleh, they use music from Matrix Revolutions, that Navras-song is everywhere. It's almost as abused as Lux Aeterna from "Requiem for a dream".

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise-M? As a TOS-version? Messed.

That Gunterman looks yummy, though. A cross between a refitted Loknar and NX-class...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit, that preview with Ethan Phillips looked very good. The lighting and camera work were pretty much cinema quality. But I wonder how Sylar got there? [Wink]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am scared. Truly scared.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of what? The evil unknown guy? Soval with shoulder lenght hair? Of a green Leeta?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pavel "Ace Frehley" Chekov.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After watching the 3 minute teaser, I started wondering about who the mystery man is that is hunting Kirk. I came up with a small handful of possibilities.

First off, while it could be a brand-new character, the fact he's got a Khan-like grudge against Kirk and has nursed this wound for 40 years tells me it's a character we've seen from Kirk's past.

Who could it be?

Kirk was listed as missing in action after helping the Enterprise-B save the El-Aurian transports. This was in 2293.

Ethan Phillips states that Kirk died "12 years ago." This would set "Of Gods and Men" in 2305.

The mystery man has waited 40 years. This would put him as starting to wait in 2265. This is the first season of TOS and the first year of Kirk's Five Year Mission.

Which characters from TOS's first season would feal betrayed and abandoned by Kirk. Which character would feel that Kirk didn't save him? Khan immediately comes to mind but, obviously, it can't be Khan. His wrath has already been depicted and he's been dead for decades at this point.

Also of note - The mystery man appears to have "godlike" powers. At least the ability to appear suddenly and the ability to cause an entire space station to vanish. Assuming no technological methods were used.

If we fudge just a little to include the second pilot episode "WNMHGB," which is set in 2254, we have this short list:

Gary Mitchell - Kirk's best friend from the Academy. Mitchell was endowed with godlike abilities. Kirk fought Mitchel to the death and left his body on Delta Vega. If, on the other hand, Mitchel wasn't really dead or somehow healed from the injuries, he could feel betrayed and abandoned by Kirk.

Lt. Dave Bailey - Bailey chose to leave the Enterprise and live with Balok on the Fesarius in the First Federation. We don't know what happened to Bailey after that. While it was initally his choice, 40 years of possible hardship could have warped Bailey's thinking into believing that Kirk abandoned him and never came back to help.

Trelane - A being with godlike abilities that was bested by Kirk. At the end of the episode Trelane's parents show up and take their wayward offspring home. He could have felt betrayed and abandoned by Kirk.

Lazarus - A mysterious being from another universe locked in eternal combat with his anti-matter doppleganger. His thinking could have likewise become warped over 40 years of eternal conflict into believing that Kirk abandoned him.

Charlie Evans - A human boy with godlike powers. The Thasians arrive and reclaim Charlie, since it's proven difficult to integrate him within human society. He definitely did not want to go and his final moments on screen are pleas to remain with Kirk and to not let the Thasians take him. If anyone would hold a grudge, it's Charlie.

My vote is the being is Charlie Evans. Assuming that Mitchell is really dead, Bailey had a good life and realized it was his choice, Lazarus is still locked in mortal combat for eternity and that Trelane would have known about Kirk's death.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, if this is mirror universe, then no assumptions based on the standard Trek universe may hold.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.