Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » That's no moon, it's an amoeba! $$The Immunity Syndrome$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: That's no moon, it's an amoeba! $$The Immunity Syndrome$$
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She definitely had a strange persecution/guilt complex that should have cost her to lose command (see that whole "starless void" episodew here she freaks and stays in her cabin the whole time).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Would've been nice to have seen a TOS Intrepid model in Janeway's ready room or a plaque or something, but I guess she's not big on ship's nostalga.

Huh? That would make sense if the ship she commanded were named Intrepid, but it wasn't. Janeway was not a good captain by most definitions, but I don't think that's a fair criticism.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually saw this episode last night, well at least the last 1/3. I've not seen the "remastered" work before. It was nice.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Would've been nice to have seen a TOS Intrepid model in Janeway's ready room or a plaque or something, but I guess she's not big on ship's nostalga.

Huh? That would make sense if the ship she commanded were named Intrepid, but it wasn't. Janeway was not a good captain by most definitions, but I don't think that's a fair criticism.
er...yeah, that's right I guess (I was up like 30 hrs when I posted that nuggett).
A nice Voyager spaceprobe would've been nice though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a model of the V'ger cloud o' destruction. THAT woulda sent some mixed signals...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Tough to make a good gas-cloud model though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

uh im at the GF's getting massaged [Big Grin] when earlier when i was baby sitting her minions and looking at 'TIS' on youtube... ok my question:

when the Enterprise is finally inside the ameba and banking weeving inside... do you see imagery in the forground that looks like nacelles? or debris?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uoLOO3lUQ

this isnt the best clip but... i think about to make love to the Gf so im off...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really just resurrected the thread to brag, didn't you? [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snorts* we ended up with wonderful pillow talk (for the record)...

anyway, its just watching it that i think i see imagery that reminds me of federation ships (and thats not to say that the Intrepid was supposed to be a Conny, since in either version, the ship itself was never shown directly...)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I see what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure it's just another lava lamp blob like the rest of it.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps