Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Look at my Pretty Dress! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Look at my Pretty Dress!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=193

I don't know if you guys ever noticed this, but why was this male crew member wearing a dress in the episode "Where No One Has Gone Before"?

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the "Skant" uniform variant. It makes a few other appearances in flashbacks on TNG.

It's part of the early days when Gene had the whole unisex uniform idea floating around. Thankfully, it didn't stick around for very long.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, can't edit:
 -

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd wear one. I like a nice healthy breeze round my privates,

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, I'd noticed this before. Yar even wears one of these at the very end of "EaFP". It's the only time I recall seeing it on her and you can barely make it out since she's standing behind the tactical console. They look silly.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, no matter how many times you watch an episode on TV, you never notice things like unisex uniforms until you see the screencaps.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that from the first time around, and even THEN they looked dumb. Luckily they were gone by the middle of the first season, though they were visible in stock footage of people walking around the corridors until the second.

Unfortunately, the rather free-form uniform variations were approved in the non-canon comics, too. Remember these examples from the first TNG comics?

-

-

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Josh
Member # 1884

Oh jesus I have that one. I hated the Brig (or detention block as they say) guard helmets.

Don't even get me started on the space Santa Clause that only Geordi can see

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I like the superhero capes!

Edit: BTW what is the comic called and what company published it?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG... someone bust out The Art of Star Trek sketches for the TNG uniforms!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... talk about totally craptastic art. The guy in the first frame looks like a red-haired ape with a cape on. "OOH OOH AHH!! Me run out door shaking fists... with cape on!!!"

Why in the hell would you put capes on Starfleet officers? I mean, I know it was the 90's... but come on.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Josh
Member # 1884

Here's some pics from the same comic.

Enterprise Detention Deck, complete with old BSG helmets

-

Riker gets really excited about separation  -

Seriously, what the fuck is with the helmets?

-

Space Santa

-

Meet the USS RockyDennis

-

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I like the superhero capes!

Edit: BTW what is the comic called and what company published it?

Star Trek: The Next Genereation #1. Published by DC Comics
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Just what the fuck was that all about? [Razz]
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Space Santa scan - I like Troi(?)'s dresslike object.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps