Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Opinions on forum change

Author Topic: Opinions on forum change
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the main Star Trek-related forums, there's the General Trek Discussion, the Enterprise discussion, and the Starships/Technology discussion. Obviously we still need the General and S/T boards, but do we really still need an Enterprise forum? I'm pretty sure that there's nothing further to be said about Enterprise, and since the new Trek Movie will start shooting in November for a 2008 release, does anyone else think that the Enterprise forum should be replaced with a Trek XI forum? Opinions please.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well let me first say it's been done before and, much like immigration reform, was left without a definite solution. But it would be nice to see new or changed sections.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave the ENT section, for those of morbid curiousity. Add a section for movies, or just the new movie.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think ENT should be merged into General Trek, but I don't think movies need be separate. (Might I take this moment to go off on a tangent and advocate a Stargate forum...)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a more radical suggestion: Get rid of the ENT forum, get rid of the Star Wars forum (there's no more movies, after all; just merge it into GenSciFi), and remove the distinction between Trek and Non-Trek categories.

As far as morbid curiosity goes, Charles moved all the threads from the old Voyager forum into General Trek before deletion, so I'm sure the same could be done for Enterprise.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, there may be no more Star Wars movies (we'll see...), but there are two new TV series coming out this fall. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We STILL don't have a Stargate forum. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Ah, there may be no more Star Wars movies (we'll see...), but there are two new TV series coming out this fall. *heh*

Then anyone who feels stout enough to watch more drivel from George Lucas' deranged mind can post threads in the Gen Sci-Fi forum. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As many times as this subject has come up with nothing done to address it, I really don't think the chance that things will get rearranged at all is very high.

Besides, with the amount of traffic we get these days, we could probably basically reduce ourselves to a Trek forum, an other sci-fi forum, and an everything else forum.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet right now, it shows 70 guests. How many, though, are spambots, one wonders.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No forum merges are going to occur in the near future. Currently forum merges cause major broken link issues that can not be easily resolved.

Once those issues can be resolved (via new software, which has been two months away for a few years now), there will be appropriate merges.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm amazed you still bother. It's not like you work for Infopop anymore. What ARE you doing these days, anyway?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I saw, he was begging in front of the Sci-Fi Museum for cash to drop at Zeek's Pizza...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps