Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ST:NV "World Enough and Time" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ST:NV "World Enough and Time"
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just downloaded the new New Voyages episode - it's my first whole episode of theirs. I was throughly impressed!

They have a new bit-torrent website so you can easily download it there.

I really enjoyed the girl who played Alanah Sulu.

The guy who plays Spock does a really good job - I always thought he looked a little odd for the role - but I think his mannerisms have matched Leonard Nimoy very well. The guy who portrayed the younger Sulu did a very good job too.

WOW this was really good. Sorry my thoughts are totally undigested at the moment.

The effects were really fantastic - probably the weakest effects was the lightening.

The Romulan ships were great! I got a real 'WOW' factor from them.

The Excelsior at the start looked great too!

The surprise guest at the end - I'm not going to say who but was that the same actor that originally portrayed that character??

One question - in the preview it has JG Herletzer as a Klingon and Alan Ruck and all sorts of aliens - what were they from?

They also had a preview to the next episode - I believe it was an actual script submitted to the series or was it to TNG or Phase II??

Again - great stuff. Very touching. Good acting. Amazing effects. Everything was great.

Those gravity waves flowing through the ship were well done too - I blinked my eyes a few times. [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*scrap that* - The JG Herletzer and Alan Ruck things were from the other fandom series... the episode is called "Of Gods and Men".

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that's the one directed by Tim Russ.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's been out for what? a couple weeks and just NOW you talk about it?

Yeah, NV's last two episodes produced have learned much since In Harm's Way (which wasn't bad, just cheesy). To Serve All My Days, also is a very good episode.

at the very least, NV sets the mark for all the current active or stalled fan film makers out there (Part3 of Exeter, anyone?)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Sorry - I didn't know it had just come out and supposedly their site was down - or something.

--------------------

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Sorry - I didn't know it had just come out and supposedly their site was down - or something.

No need for appologies, sir. The DLing was offline, due to overwhelming demand. probabl will be a while before i even DL a copy for me, it's THAT GOOD a production...

--------------------

Teh PW
Member # 1203

Off topic (but when do i NOT take liberties when i drive teh topic into oncoming traffic, ladies?) but... why is only the first link on my Sig showing? i have two links (one to my old stories of Millia! and my current PC, Nyca The tales of the hammering halfling

any ideas what i did wrong?

go back to talking Trek now, plz?

/me looks down...

N/M. Someone find my fucking Asshat. I miss placed it somewhere 'round here...

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Excelsior at the start looked great too!

Thanks.

M

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, that was yours? No wonder it was great, then. Loved the detail from the exterior closeup of deck 2 at the end. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hey MattC - I never realised that you were a fellow AUSTRALIAN!!

Not since Daryus and Dax have we had another Australian here... I think I may remember - you are from Melbourne?? or was that Daryus?? Now I'm thinking Sydney.

Andrew

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
What, that was yours? No wonder it was great, then. Loved the detail from the exterior closeup of deck 2 at the end. [Smile]

Mark

Lee Stringer built the window for the closeup shot. I'm not that happy with the texture job, I may go back at some point and redo the damned thing.

M

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Hey MattC - I never realised that you were a fellow AUSTRALIAN!!

Not since Daryus and Dax have we had another Australian here... I think I may remember - you are from Melbourne?? or was that Daryus?? Now I'm thinking Sydney.

Andrew

No, Perth.

M.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK "Dax" was also in Perth.

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

I do get around a fair bit though.

M

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
I do get around a fair bit though.

M

I'm confused here. You did the CGI for the episode? Do you regularlly work NV's for thier needs, sir? [Confused]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps