Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ST:NV "World Enough and Time" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ST:NV "World Enough and Time"
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
I do get around a fair bit though.

M

I'm confused here. You did the CGI for the episode? Do you regularlly work NV's for thier needs, sir? [Confused]
If you look in the credits you'll find me along with my pal Alain Rivard and a few others. [Smile]

I was asked by my good friends Lee Stringer and Ron Thornton if I had a nice Excelsior model and it so happened that I did.

So, no I don't contribute to NV on a regular basis, just this one. Seems to have been a strangely positive experience so far. Normally I loathe fan films.

M

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit that following the first episode of this series I wasn't terribly impressed. Starships maneuvering like fighter jets, extremely hackneyed dialogue, and the most contrived TOS cameo ever. All told, I'm extremely glad I was able to watch this story, which rests the bar about as high as fan productions have ever done it.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. It's got exactly one thing going for it: the special effects are as good as--and perhaps even more creative than--just about anything CBS is doing on this vaunted "remastering" of TOS. Aside from that, though, it's no better than any fan film. The acting is ridiculously bad and the story rips off/rehashes those of a number of sub-par TOS, TNG, and DS9 episodes. The whole thing seems like a caricature except for the eye candy, which provided sufficient justification for watching it. Once.

This new Flash presentation is quite nice, however. I'm a lot more likely to watch these if I don't have to download five or more video files to my hard drive, which I'm just going to throw away after watching. Once.

Ta.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps