Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Official Star Trek XI Casting Thread (formerly Shaun of Engineering) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Official Star Trek XI Casting Thread (formerly Shaun of Engineering)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, watch out - the Enterprise will now have large wedge-shaped nacelles.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I wouldn't have minded any number of designers working on the Enterprise, but not Eaves. Not only does he have a habit of making things pointy, but he tends to add details that just don't make any sense or have any purpose. Others (Jeffries, Probert, Sternbach, etc.) didn't add unnecessary detail unless there was a reason for it. Eaves tends to go overboard.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As posted on ONTD:

Shhh! Headquarters Casting agency are looking for backgrounds/extras under the code name "Corporate Headquarters" for new Star trek Film.

Here are the details:

Project: The SAG feature film "Corporate Headquarters" is seeking background talent.

Dates: Shoot starts early November.

Seeking the following types, ages 18-70, any ethnicity:

Cadets: young, fresh-faced

Military types: marching experience preferred

Thin, regal talent with BROWN or BLACK hair AND are OK with their eyebrows being shaved from the arch outward to portray a Vulcan-type eyebrow shape.

Talent with interesting and unique facial features such as: long necks, small heads, extremely large heads, wide-set eyes, bug eyes, close-set eyes, large forehead, short upper lip, pronounced cheekbones, over- or undersized ears and/or nose, facial deformities, ultra plain-looking people, ultra perfect-looking people, pure wholesome looks, twins, triplets, emaciated talent, regally poised and postured talent, or other visually unique characteristics

Everyone must be thin, athletic, fit; wardrobe will be form-fitting. All hair lengths on males and females welcome.

Open Call: Saturday, November 10, 2007.

Hours: 2:30-5 p.m.

Address: 3108 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
(across from Pinocchio's Restaurant)

Bring: Close-up full facial NON-SMILING snapshot AND a waist-up body shot in Fitted Clothing. Ladies with long hair, PLEASE pull your hair back in a severe ponytail. Do not wear heavy makeup in your photograph. If your hair is long, let the ponytail length show over your shoulder. If you do not have these photos, we will take them of you for free. Wear fitted clothing for the photo.

You may e-mail photos (as described) with contact info and stats to [email protected] , but we prefer to meet you at the open call and get you digitally on file for this project. For information, (310) 556-2626.

If you have previously attended a daily open call for this, you do not have to come in
again. Thanks!

Source: http://headquarterscasting.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=91

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=39080

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Everyone must be thin, athletic, fit
Bastards!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
extremely large heads
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shakes his belly like a bowl full of jell-o* Sigh.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just really want to see one picture of someone in the uniform, really. Then we'll be able to judge the look of the piece, if they change or update it at all, or leave it the same. . .

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Oh, yes: In the last Trek film, the new XO of the Enterprise was played by an actor who'd previously portrayed Robert F. Kennedy on film (twice!); in the new Trek film, the previous commander of the Enterprise is played by someone who'd previously portrayed John F. Kennedy on film. Yup, Bruce Greenwood is Pike. Is synchronicity, ja?

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHUT.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question no one seems to be asking is, who will portray Dr. Piper? He was the CMO on the Enterprise in "WNMHGB," before McCoy started serving on the Enterprise. That is, unless McCoy was an out-of-sight assistant. And, for that matter, what about Kevin Riley?

Methinks these men will be conveniently forgotten in this movie. Not that I really care, personally.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DC Comics and Vonda McIntire both wrote "first mission" stories for Kirk and the Enterprise.

In one of them, I don't remember which, they had McCoy state that he had some important event coming up and this explained his absence in WNMHGB.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't blame him a bit. "So you gonna undertake a mission to beyond the galactic rim? Uh, I have this very important event coming up, you go right along, Jim..."

Timo Saloniemi

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"See how the Great Barrier scrambles *your* molecules first!"
Shik
Member # 343

And now Winona Ryder is Amanda Grayson.

Seriously, this thing is like Irwin Allen, Charleton Heston, & Ernest Borgnine away from a disaster flick. In more ways than one.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Winona Ryder thing was a joke when I first heard it...then realized it was all too true after being confirmed on Statrek.com.

She's only six years older than Quinto...so she had him when she was six? [Confused]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps