Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Official Star Trek XI Casting Thread (formerly Shaun of Engineering) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Official Star Trek XI Casting Thread (formerly Shaun of Engineering)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
"The person who wrote City on the Edge of Forever"

Man, Harlan Ellison is probably on his way to your house right now to yell at you through the windows.

Ah, he's just one of those types with a perpetual chip on his shoulder. I'm sure he wouldn't bother with a nobody like me. Besides, if you read the statement he made in the article, he's probably in front of Orci's house yelling at him through his windows.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so, yeah, these rumours could turn out to be bogus, after all they couldn't possibly turn out to be planning to film something so clich�d, could they. . ? Ohh, wow! Instant flashback to 1998 and 2002!

And, yes, as a consequence, by all means let us not even waste our valuable time debating them. There are far more pressing matters that require our attention. How do we all think Star Trek: Enterprise's seventh season is shaping up? Pardon? They did?! Two years ago?! Oh.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your post is directed toward me, I never said that we shouldn't debate the rumors. In fact, I asked for people's thoughts about the newest rumors at the end of my post. I just said that I didn't like what I was hearing.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*eyes dart between Dukhat and Lee* I brought cupcakes...cupcakes, anyone!? (I tried to say c o o k i e s but the BB software said html c o o k i e tags weren't allowed...now that's strange...)

Anyway, directed at HerbShrump, at least if you contradict canon with a movie set *after* the rest of Trek you can rationalize it as new discoveries [Wink] I would really love a prequel movie or series that rigorously adhered to canon and just fleshed out the past we've heard so much about...but my hopes are not up for this to be like that.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The odd thing is that for a while I was all for a "Captain Sulu" story. That'd be a prequel of sorts.

Life is full of contradictions...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
The odd thing is that for a while I was all for a "Captain Sulu" story. That'd be a prequel of sorts.

Life is full of contradictions...

Would that have been a mid-quel? [Smile] I would have liked to have seen a Sulu/Excelsior show.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's strange, for a long time my only recent sighting of Takei had been in a cameo on Scrubs, in which he looked distinctly past it. But he's looking much more capable in his role in Heroes. I guess it'd still be possible, provided he had a young hunky Riker-ish XO to do all the action stuff. But let's be realistic, there remain plenty of practical reasons why it'll never happen, and one ultimately realistic one: they will never, ever do it. End of story, sad though that truth may be.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's hardly having to carry those episodes of Heroes, though. (In which he is, to be sure, pretty good.)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it helps that he's not speaking English in those scenes, since overacting in Japanese is, most of the time, like getting wet while swimming. All he really does is act stern and on the verge of a stroke, or as if he has a stick up...actually, I don't think I want to go there.

Not that I'm dissing the guy, mind. I've just always felt that Nichelle Nichols is somewhat more underrated than she deserves compared to the other "co-stars". Walter Koenig doesn't count as he's proven his acting chops as Bester.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he actually sticks in my mind now *more* as Bester than as Chekov.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because Bester is a character, Chekov is an overpaid extra with a funny accent. Seriously, we know more about most guest stars than we do about Chekov.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
Member # 393

Although it potentially represents the most high-profile thing he's done since Chariots of Fire, I find it hard to think of Ben Cross' casting as Sarek as anything else but yet another milestone on the downward spiral his career has taken ever since that 1981 triumph.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I am very exited about the prospect of the new Trek movie - considering that after the cancellation of ENT it didn't seem like there would be any future for Trek.

And as long as all the debated story points are just rumors as of today, I wouldn't really get all worked up about it.

Let's wait and see what comes along in the form of CONFIRMED plot details...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I won't be able to say what's on set when I go there December.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul McGillion in STXI

But who is he playing, I wonder?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps