Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 37)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a new review over at AICN that seems pretty upbeat about Das REboot HERE.

Let's hope this is as good as this reviewer seems to believe.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one positive review for Star Trek. Love to know what the reference to "Enterprise" is gonna be.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Wasn't there an incident with Archer's beagle mentioned a while ago... [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek on "My Space" has posted some additional videos: (Some spoilers)

Video 1

Video 2

They may have added others as well.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
That's one positive review for Star Trek. Love to know what the reference to "Enterprise" is gonna be.

I would have put money on a mention of a Commodore T'Pol, but he said it was a deft reference so...I don't have a clue.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be a reference to Commodore Porthos.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the official movie site it says Scotty was in Admiral Archer's class at the Academy, or something to that effect.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also mention the Vulcan High Command.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Whoa Momma.
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Budweiser is still kicking in the future, the Federation met the Cardassians 100 years before TNG. Interesting
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to watch the clips, but there are Cardassians? Or are there just aliens that look similar?

Another modern day reference is supposed to be the Beastie Boys playing on the radio in Kirk's Uncle's car. That sort of thing doesn't bother me much, since we hear centuries old music every day.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Uhura orders a Cardassian beverage in a bar scene. But you know what, that doesn't necessarily mean the Feds and Cardies are in contact. Maybe through trade with other species the Federation acquired the drink, even while they have yet to encounter the actual Cardassians.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Iloja_of_Prim

There we go. A Cardassian in exile on Vulcan, encountered by Tobin Dax. Tobin Dax came before Emony Dax, Emony Dax met McCoy in the 2240s. Ergo, there was at least 1 Cardassian living on Vulcan in the early 23rd century.

I love the Kelvin-era uniform Robau is wearing. Although maybe a bit TNG-y, it certainly looks like it could be a half-way point between the ENT-era jumpsuit and the neo-TOS-era colorful two-piece.

Interesting shots of the shuttle leaving the bay. This Enterprise seems to be quite a larger ship than the original one. And it's filmed from wonderful angles. Yeah.. I think I can learn to live with the new styles, although I do still think that the "design-to-functionality" ratio has been shifted towards design quite considerably.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they've never specifically said when first contact with the Cardassians was made, people just make the assumption that it was shortly before the border wars. While it's perfectly reasonable that they were in contact long before that point and the war breaking out wasn't because the Federation had suddenly expanded into their territory but because the Cardassian government got ousted by the military and decided to start grabbing territory (like Bajor) to fuel their economic rebuilding.

In fact, that MA article does say the poet was in exile during the "First Republic" and the last time I checked the Cardassians we saw from TNG onwards were certainly not a Republic. For all we know, back then they could have been just another independent "stuck on one planet with a few colonies" races and the aggressive empire building was a relativity new development.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Mommy, the Star Trek toys are scaring me...

Edit: Also about the Cardassians, wasn't there an episode of Enterprise that featured a reused Cardie space station, albeit with some details removed. Even though this probably wasn't the intent, can't we just now assume it was Cardie station all along.

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps