Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/05/first-image-from-the-ultimate-computer/

Looks like that station from the Vanguard novels.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh..that shot looks *really* CG. I mean, of course it *is* CG, but I mean it looks like a test render, almost. I've seen more realistic work done with desktop freeware. I've seen other Remastered episodes and they're generally quite good; I don't know why that shot looks so crappy.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That *is* Masao's Vanguard/J-Class station! I wonder if he knows they re-used it for this?
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, here's the kicker. the mouth pieces on TM are bitching about everything except one, fanboy's dream: Ship designs other than Connies. It would be WONDERFUL if it wasn't 4 Connies on screen...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably asked permission. There ARE a couple noticable differences, but on the whole it's Masao's Vanguard alright.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Harbinger_cover.jpg

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Added panels and it looks smaller is about all that I noticed.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also the station appears to have a deflector dish at the bottom.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'll find that's a long range sensor array.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I saw that on both.... Maybe not.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Also the station appears to have a deflector dish at the bottom.

There does indeed. But I see no reason to object to that, considering that dishes have been around in non-forward-pointing positions ever since Franz Joseph's Federation class.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah but the station in TOS has its dish positioned at an angle.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard about his about an hour ago via an email from Bernd. I wasn't asked, since I no longer own the design. Marco Palmieri, the editor I worked with at Simon and Schuster, said this has been in the works for a few months but he was sworn to secrecy. They took a few liberties, but I can't complain.

(My design had a much larger dish at the bottom. This version is sort of like the dish-on-a-stick Franz Joseph used for his Saladin.)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit confused; is that a screencap from the upcoming ep or just a concept render?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Supposedly a screencap. I don't get why people think the quality is so bad.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, would you care to tell us more about Simon and Schuster?

I bought one video game they developed. It was a DS-9 game. Sucked big time. Only played it for like 10 minutes or so. Complete waste of time.

After that I pretty much was soured by the whole company. I didn't think they cared or had the capability to present a quality product.

I am familiar with their audio books. I guess I lumped those in a different category since they were recordings of other people's work and not brand new products.

I don't want to know anything confidential. I am just wondering what your general thoughts are and if you have any other insights since you've been more involved with them than a lot of others.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps