Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 11)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That...would be perfect for my Lotus-class. Sweet deal.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kinda looks like one of the early earth ships at the SF Museum...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how big it is? Too bad we don't know how far away from the Enterprise the thing is so we can scale it. I mean, if it really is runabout-sized, I doubt the blue light is an arboretum, for example. But it could be if it was several hundred meters long...

Edit: Although on second gander, if you assume a reasonable height for those windows...which are about 6x10px.... The sphere is ~140px, and the length of the thing is about 250 (but we're at an angle and I don't know how to correct for that; SOMEbody here must...). So, if the windows are 1.5m tall and 3m wide, the sphere is about 35m, and the length (before correction for foreshortening) is 75m. Maybe 35m x 35m x 100m overall? That's about right for a transport, anyway.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also appears to have a bridge and connie style nacelles, but they're not to scale.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent an email to Mike Okuda. He said his first idea was to use a cluster of fuzzy lights, but then Dave Rossi suggested that because the Medusans were noncorporeal and might not have developed technology as we know it, they might use Federation hardware and have ships with a distinct Federation style.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ask him if it has a name/registry?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's distinct alright... it has nacelles just like the Enterprise's.

I would guess that this is a Starfleet vessel crewed entirely by Medusans, which would explain the small size. It's not like they need room for crew quarters or amenities, being noncorporeal.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, didn't ask name or registry. But he seems to be suggesting (I quoted his answer nearly verbatim) it's a Medusan ship rather than a Starfleet ship. I asked him what those tubes were, but he didn't answer.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or it could be an older Starfleet vessel now under Medusan authority...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...it has to be a Medusan ship using Fed tech. The windows are so small that like...all 3 rows would be one deck of Enterprise

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on how large the ship is and how far away it is, like I mentioned before.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't the Medusans UFP members?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Shik
Member # 343

Verily.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

So any Medusan ship *is* a Federation ship.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

But why would noncorporeal beings need windows on their ships? It's not like they have eyes.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.