Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Herbert! $$The Way to Eden Remastered$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Herbert! $$The Way to Eden Remastered$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's your new Aurora
http://trekmovie.com/2008/06/12/preview-image-from-the-way-to-eden-remastered/

Apparently it's similar to(or the same as)the model used in Mudd's Women Remastered and Operation: Annihilate Remastered.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why isn't the ship painted in psychedelic colors? Haven't those guys ever seen a period VW Microbus? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the original much better. This one is rather shapeless.
A big part of the appeal of a civilian ship, especially a small one, is its styling. This one doesn't have much style.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the original was a Tholian ship with nacelles on it. Sort of stretches credibility.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes, I know that. But this new ship doesn't have an interesting shape. It's just a lump. I think they should have come up with something more striking. They might have even tried another ship with trilateral symmetry.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Masao. When I first saw the front of the ship, I thought it was some joke. It looked like something I scribbled on paper as a kid. I, like Masao, was hoping for something with a more definite shape. Oh well, no big deal.
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also seems pretty small. How many hippies were there?

I sort of like it though - it looks like it would be meant for sight-seeing or something.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Functional, but disappointing.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...pretty unimaginative- also, that nacelle configuration hardly works for landing.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like someone drilled holes in a photon torpedo and strapped nacelles and pylons to it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... that's boring.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly.

And it appears poorly lit,but that could just be the picture quality. Kinda hard to see the exact dimensions of the ship.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... it looks like sperm wit warp nacelles on it. Then again it's a 1960's episode of The Original Series. They should have made it into one of those doctor prescribed vibrators. At least those have interesting shapes.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Oh dear...

Wouldn't want Kirk attempting to dry hump the ship now, would we?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. I was just reading an article about those old medical vibrators...perhaps we Stumbled the same page...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps