Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$The Original Cloud City (The Cloud Miners Remastered)$$$

Author Topic: $$$The Original Cloud City (The Cloud Miners Remastered)$$$
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it's not a spacecraft, I think Stratos is worth mentioning.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/07/10/preview-images-of-cloud-minders-remastered/

Gotta love the architecture.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they did a gorgeous job there.

I haven't seen all the remastered episodes (Just a few actually), but I have seen the new stuff on trekmovie.

This might be one of the few times when redoing something has actually made it better.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few times?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's nice looking. How often do they put out "new" episodes? Once a month? Bi weekly? I don't watch many of the remasterd eps, but I know there is one on my local station every week, but I am not sure if they're constantly new ones.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're pretty much every week, although they seem to have breaks quite often (though I've never paid much attention since I'm the UK).

I think it was Jason "Vektor" Lee who had a bash at redesigning Stratos a few years ago. His model was very well thought out, so I half expect to see that here. I have to say, though, the CBS team have been very faithful to the original, while making it look much more realistic. I always prefer that to seeing a totally new design, like they had for the Aurora.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not seen any of the remasters yet [Frown]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome. I love how it looks so much like the original but at the same time so much better. They put all the towers, disks, and slotted fin things in the right places.

I have no idea when the remastered eps are on around here (and if I can even get them) but this brings to mind establishing shots of Theed in The Phantom Menace.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps