Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Pulling 'em out of my ass: TNG Remastered ideas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pulling 'em out of my ass: TNG Remastered ideas
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeap, as i munch on my Think & Crispy plain pizza, thank the blond & brunette across the way for telling me my interior light was on (i got em 2 2 liter bottles of pepsi, plus a side of mystery wings from Pizza Slut) and watch TNG on Sci-fi, i ponder this: what effects would they fix for TNG: Remastered?

Now i recall some ideas discussed several months ago about this in the height of interest for TOS:R (are they done yet?) and besides ship swaps for all those Excellsior's what else could they do?

the one idea i thought of: The Stock shots of fly-bys when you get a close up of the secondary hull (the angle that makes you think the camera is flying inbetween the seconardy hull and the starboard nacelle)... basically in that view, you see alll those neat portals lite... now they are just lites on film but enhance the pics so you see peoples, rooms, etc...

YES? [Big Grin]

I hope those 2 woman are romantically involved with each other. they were very gracious when i gave them the wings and pop...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd make that "woman" from the asexuel species Riker banged hot...

Seriously thought, Wolf 359's graveyard scene and the junkward from the Spock episode would be neat if they were fleshed out.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fix the scaling issues when Amanda and Q stood on the engineering hull.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pick a size for the D'Deriex. Either make it fucking huge like in "The Neutral Zone" or make it small.

Same for the KBoP. Make the different sizes different designs.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it always made sense to me that you couldn't see in the windows. Otherwise you'd have to have all sorts of security precautions every time you had a padd in a room with a view.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retouching the same four matte paintings that got used in every. single. episode. Make them different colors or something. I don't care what exactly they do as long as they do something.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only two scenes I want to see remastered: The Wolf 359 battle aftermath, and Picard's tachyon grid showing all 20 ships. I couldn't give a shit about anything else.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
Actually, it always made sense to me that you couldn't see in the windows. Otherwise you'd have to have all sorts of security precautions every time you had a padd in a room with a view.

Or when you're having sex...

Maybe the windows can be opaqued, in which case we could see *some* windows as transparent in the remastered. Or perhaps that's just too much detail [Smile]

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, maybe they could lower the door more for Georgi's roll in BoBW:P

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fix the lighting on Saturn in BOBW so that it doesn't look like the Borg Cube is traveling in the wrong direction. Get rid of those shots of the E-D entering the Spacedock-type Starbases and replace them with a new design that could actually accommodate a Galaxy-class. Replace all the shots of the Nebula-class with the Intrepid-class. [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Replace all the shots of the Nebula-class with the Intrepid-class. [Wink]

I don't think esecallum would like that at all. [Big Grin]

Perhaps they could fix some of the phaser effects, you know, the ones where a character aims one place, and the beam goes to another. Perhaps some of the ship-in-space explosions could be fixed too, so that they leave some debris, and the ship just doesn't dissappear. These would be touchups, not a complete remastering though. Most of the model work was well done, so there's not much reason to replace those, other than the size inconsistancies.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I agree with Hopeful about replacing the matte backgrounds, though. Especially the multiply-reused Angel One background.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PLEASE fix the "spread of torpedos completely destroys the enemy ship...with no debris" cliche.
Fuck, they even used the same footage of the torpedo spread and the same explosion over and over....
I just want some plusable CGI debris thrown in with an explosion.

Also, I DEMAND a better death for Lursa and B'Tor's KBOP than fucking re-used footage of from the previous movie.
I felt completely cheated by Generation after seeing that crap- they could've at least reversed the shot to look a little diffrent!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frame-by-frame dust removal, noise removal, and moderate sharpening all around.

Color correction so all the episodes are consistent with each other.

Clean up matte lines, punch the contrast for the first 2 seasons.

Full high-definition transfer for the entire series, including sound cleanup and Dolby remastering.

Minor visual effect replacement, new intro (redone in HD CGI) and re-recorded theme with a bigger, more grand orchestra.

I would buy the series on bluray for $1500 if they did this.

Josh
Member # 1884

Fix the phaser torpedo launcher in Darmok.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps