Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek Plot Snippet+Ship Design Revealed. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek Plot Snippet+Ship Design Revealed.
esecallum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
As I revealed to you in an earlier post the reason for the nacelles and the support pylons being like this is as i explained before.

EXCLUSIVE NEWS REVEALED ! Spoiler Ahead.

A source who is very close to me reveals startling new facts.

The reason for the nacelles and the support struts is that the nacelles rotate to alter the direction of the impulse engines which are housed inside the nacelles.

In other words the nacelles vector the thrust from the impulse engines.

This is why they are quite solid and much more robust or lumpy at the connecting points to the pylons as this houses the pivot mechanism which rotates the nacelles.

I can reveal that a red shirt will get killed as he tries to repair a stuck pivot mechanism on one of the nacelles.I can even give you a part of the script.

I hope this explains the nacelles and why the saucer is further back,this is to balance the thrust through the center of gravity of the ship thrust and make it look balanced when the nacelles vector the thrust.

I hope this clears the confusion.

If you have any other questions let me know and I will answer them.

A major plot spoiler snippet below.Do not read further if you do not want to know.

, ,, ,,,

Now I finally present to you the plot point which you all have been waiting for.

I have rewritten it to protect the innocent.

Excuse the spelling errors as i did this transcript as soon as i got confirmation,in a hurry.

WARNING! WARNING...

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD...

CLOSE YOUR EYES OR AVERT YOUR GAZE.I CANNOT USE SPoiLER COdE.

SO GO BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS SURPRISE.

spoiler ahead.

In the dark cold of space littered among the smouldering debris of the battle hangs the Enterprise at an angle,it's hull mottled from the damage it has suffered at the hands of the enemey.

In the battle ,the Enterprise has destroyed two of the three enemy vessals which had ambushed it.... drift ablaze through space .....lighting it up as a fire lights up a shadow..

The last surviving enemy vessal birdlike,sinister and dark cruises closer and closer to the wounded Enteprise...
On the bridge strides Captain Kirk,His face resolute and,thoughful as he paces back and forth.

Report Mr Scott!

Captain that last hit took out the warp engines and the phasers..the photon fire control will take an hour to fix...

WE DONT HAVE AN HOUR MR SCOTT!.

uhuru:- captain
The enemy vessals is hailing us...
report !

uhuru:-
they are saying

"surrender and prepare to be boarded...."

What about the enemy vessal Mr Spock?

Captain they have suffered considerable damage but they are in a better position.They have warp drive and weapons,shields...that last shot took out the main power conduits... we only have impulse power,no weapions...no shields..We cannot escape them.Sir.

Dammit Spock! We cannot let ourselve be captured..

What is their position,Mr Sulu.

They have moved alongside the enterprise on a parallel course sir.Their shields have gone down ,we can expect to be boarded any moment.

Their shields are down Mr Spock?

Yes! Sir but as we are unable take advantage without weapons being online....

The ship shudders as if being hit!

Scotty:-

Captain the devils have locked a tractor beam on us..!....we will be unable to escape on impulse drive.

Captain Kirk.. Confound it!

Spock:- they are holding us firm.

....we cannot break free and we certainly cannot escape without warpdrive...

without weapons we must face the inevitable as prisoners of war...

Captain Kirk...his face grim his... jaw clenched, he wipes the sweat from his brow with the back of his sleeve.....as he surveys the smouldering phaser bank control panel...

Not just yet Mr Spock...

can we fire a photon torpedo manuelly? mr scott?

well yes captain but only if they were ahead of us ... direct line of sight...we could get a lock on then..an even then it it will be a hit and miss affair...but they are PARRALLEL TO US CAPTAIN
and locked in their tractor beam...

and phasers are?

mr scotty.

still ...offline captain...

Captan Kirk.....if we only had phasers with their shields down they are vulnerable....

UHURA THEY ARE HAILING US AGAIN?

Mr Spock they are charging weapons ....Should I signal our surrender?

captain kirk not quite yet mr spock...

WAIT!... maybe we dont need phasers.....

i have an idea!...quick mr Sulu rotate both nacelles 80 degrees starboard...

mr sulu sir even if we break free we cannot escape without warpdrive and shields....

DO IT MR SULU...

mr scott divert all power to the impulse engines ...I WANT 120 % overload on the impulse engines ..do you understand?

MR SCOTT............ yes captain BUT CAPTAIN...IT CAN DAMAGE ...

NOOOWWW MR SCOTT !!!! THAT IS AN ORDER....!!!

SULU:-

YES SIR ! ROTATING BOTH NACELLES 80 DEGRESS STARBOARD....

SULU:- NACELLES LOCKED AT 80 DEGREES...

NOW!........ FULL IMPULSE MR SULU...NOOOOWWWWW!!

FULL IMPULSE SIR...!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mr spock.:-

Captain we are not breaking free..

captain kirk...

I DONT WANT TO BREAK FREE MR SPOCK....!!!

in the cold dark of Space the Enterprises nacelles firing at full impulse in the direction of the enemy vessal at close proximity heat it's hull to an an incandescent white hot within a few seconds as the full plasma beam cuts through it like a KNIFE THROUGH BUTTER....
on board the beam belts,cuts through vital systems..screams are heard...explosions rock theenemy vessal...

Mr spock:-

THE IMPULSE EXHAUST IS impacting the enemy vessal ...the temperature has gone up to 3000 degrees kelvins and rising rapidly...their hull is disintegrating from the heat and force of the impulse beam.

kirk..
i sure hope so...

mr spock,,,arched eyebrow...:- ingenious strategem captain....

kirk. it's called snatching victory from the jaws of death.....

spock :- the enemy vessals reactor core has been breached ...

scotty the enemy's tractor beam has gone..!

kirk :-

maintan maximum impulse mr sulu...we dont want to be here

we dont want to be caught in the explosion....

aye sir....;

suddenly as the tractor beam collapses the Enteprise leaps sideways away from the enemy vessal which is disintegrating from the super white hot plasma emitted by the impulse engine vents in the nacelles....

as the Enterprise speeds away a massive explosion lights up space as the enemy vessal's reactors confinement fails....and a impact wave buffets the Enterprise..ON BOARD THE BRIDGE everyone is thrown forwards as the wave hits...

mr spock incoming!!

brace yurselves...

the ship judders and lurches as the recedng explosion catches upwith it...

a few seconds later
kirk:-
damage report mr scott?

well the shuttle bay and the starboard nacelle caught the brunt of it ....has suffered major damage but we can have it repaired at a starbase one warp power is restored...some radiation burns to the crew...Dr Mccoy is attending ...

thank you mr scott..

mr spock..:- ingenious ....captain...

captain :- desperation .... mr spock...

The above script reveals a new feature of the the Enterprise in which the nacelles can turn on the supporting struts allowing thrust vectoring on impulse power.I find this exciting in Abrams new movie.

The more clunky ship as revealed this week!.

SPOILER ALERT !

The nacelles you have seen in the picture will be rotatable at the point where they are attached to the supporting strut.

be rotatable at the point where thay are attached to the supporting strut at the top end.Pivot mechanism!

This means we will have vectoring impulse/warp nacelles.
I have done a study of this using a cone as a secondary hull and 4 pens acting as strut and nacelle and the advantage seems to be in higher maneuverability as by turning the nozzles at intermediate angles you can make them point partially down/up and also you can make one nacelle point forwards and be able to do very sharp turns and also very quick braking by pointing both forwards.

You can do simulation yourself or someone can do a photoshop so you can get a better idea.
The advantages seem to give a huge increase in maneuverability as the nacelles when they rotate on the struts move in 2 planes at the same time horizontal and vertical as the struts are in a v shaped angle.

You may remember Voyager having movable nacelles,but as this is a less advanced ship the nacelles can move a lot more than just up/down.

I did all you a favour by sharing information.

My friend says ILM are happy for this to be unoffically shared. The info to wet people's appetites and to create a buzz but he is forbidden from giving actual shots,in others words he can discuss it in general terms and he got permission before blabbing about it.

Voyagers was more advanced and did not need rotating nacelles.This early Enterprise is less advanced and needs vectoring nacelles for higher maneuvering ability.It do's not have fancy fields but is more of a mechanical beast.

In this ship the impulse engines are integrated into the nacelles and you will see a red glow.

Did anyone try the simulation using the 4 pens and a cone for the secondary hull?

If you did then you will find it highly logical in much the same way that you have vectoring nozzles on the JSF,
higher maneuverability or that Russian plane I cant remember the name of.The Harrier is another example which can use vectored thrust for higher maneuverability in combat by braking suddenly when having the enemy on the tail,letting it overshoot then firing missiles at the enemies tail,etc,etc.

The ship picture revealed shows you the pivot mechanism and extra thick support struts and also remember the impulse engines are housed inside the nacelles too as I explained before.They can also reverse from the front of the nacelle.

If you have any other questions I will gladly answer them.

IP: Logged
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post 
We really should make a necro-thread picture about E, when ever he returns...

*waves nicely to E*

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't work for ILM. You don't have a friend that works for ILM. Whatever it is you wrote above (and no, I didn't bother reading it), is most likely bullshit.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooooooooo! NO NO NO NO NO! YOU BITCH! YOU BITCH!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
. . . the fuck?!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr.Scotty?

Dude, that reads like a bad chinese to pigeon english translation of the single sheet of toilet paper instructions to a crappy lead filled chinese LED video game. I needed a laugh today. Thank you for giving me one.

And, I agree with Dukhat, there is no way you work at ILM. That "little secret script" you shared is awfully general in pretty much every aspect. It sounds like a cut and paste of numerous episodes. Except for the whole B.S. rotating nacelle portion of the story. You claim that this design is clunkier, and older/lower tech because of the need for these rotating nacelles. Well, to me, it sounds like much more advanced tech tan the Federation has used before, because I don't think they have ever figured out how to cram the warp coils, and impulse engines into a a single assembly, and make them move like synchronized swimmers. Sounds a hell of a lot more advanced than what we've seen thus far.

[ November 13, 2008, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Sean ]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Scott to bridge."

"Go ahead Scotty"

"CAP'N, THE BULLSHIT CAPACITOR IS REACHING CRITICAL MASS!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AVERT YOUR GAZE! AVERT YOUR GAZE!
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A man proves himself by what he does, not what he claims.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You, esecallum, sir, are shit. You are what comes out of assholes and into the toilet.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What in the world could have possessed you to spend that much time inventing that much crap, when you know people are just going to react... well, like they just did? I mean, really. What do you get out of it? Is this some sort of super-nerdy Internet masochism thing?
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Didn't this human fertilizer get banned last time?

Not that I really mind its posts. I needed the laugh.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? It felt good saying what I said. But seriously... I, too, thought this turd got banned last time.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sensationalism, nothing more.
And yes, it is Friday now, Dat. The chicken is in the pot, the Hobgoblin is chilled to perfection.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, technically, he really hasn't done anything wrong, except post stupid unrealistic rantings, and use poor punctuation. Any negativity was on our part, ignorance on his. Although, I find it quite believable that he does this to elicit a response, he posts the exact same thing at other forums, and gets different responses depending on where he posts. Maybe we're the anomaly, disbelieving anything he says as a rule, and he is believed like the god he thinks he is at other places.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps