Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trailer Two - Star Trek (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Trailer Two - Star Trek
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Second Trailer is online

Star Trek - Trailer Two

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apple has it with HD choices, for those with the hardware for it. ;
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was epic. And the E looks better than I thought, especially under construction.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooooo...from the trailer I gather the plot involves a Romulan attack on Vulcan, what looks like an orbital tether and at some point has the Enterprise unexpectedly coming out of warp right in the middle of a pitched battle. Nice.
Hopefully that means FTL sensors have been given the boot. [Wink]
Things are looking up for sure.

Oh and I know it's an odd thing to pick up on, but I love the HUGE buildings over the horizon in Iowa. Actually, is this film suggesting the shipyards are in the middle of a desert, rather than San Francisco? Makes sense I suppose.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have checked out the new site? I reckon its based on the new E's interior and displays.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what this little thing is. If you fed it, would it follow you all the way home and sleep on your doormat?

-

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw that thing show up twice in the trailer. With the spinning back end on it, it reminded me of the Orion ship in the remastered episode "Journey to Babel".
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

It fires blue disruptor thingies towards the end of the trailer. So, maybe a fighter? Also do you have pic of what I think are shuttles that fly alongside what I assume to be the Kelvin.
Nim
Member # 205

Apple's servers are strained to the max it seems, Trailer 2 links show the first trailer, and Trailer 1 links show the Cloverfield trailer. :.)
Nim
Member # 205

Here's the Kelvin-shot, showing two shuttles in foreground, three green homing torpedoes flying towards the Kelvin and the shuttles. The red beam is the Kelvin's forward dorsal phaser bank, picking off one of the torpedoes just before it connects with the rightmost shuttle.
The phaser beam kind of swings and weaves to hit the torpedo, like the Odessey did in the opening volleys of "The Jem'Hadar".

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Thanks for the pic. There's so much to digest in that one shot: the aft details of the Kelvin, the shuttles (reminiscent of VOY's Type 9), the big Romulan ship and its torpedo/missile thingies. Can I go 2 for 2 and request a shot of the Enterprise as it warps away from the Orbital Office-looking station.
Nim
Member # 205

Hm. Step 1, and Step 2. There's really no intermediate, the frames in the actual jump just looks like you're inside a squid belly.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like there's a Sisko/Saratoga style shot from one of those shuttles viewing the destruction of the Kelvin.

Also, it probably isn't one, but there's a ground level building with what looks like a UFP emblem on it in the shot where Kirk looks up at the scaffolding.

Really cool trailer over all. I'm still not keen on some of the designs (I don't think the individual pieces of Starfleet tech match eachother very well), but I'm far, far more enthusiastic after seeing this. It's great just to see so much money spent on it, really. Seems to have given them a lot more freedom over the story they can tell, at least when it comes to the villain's plan. You might not need $100m to show Vulcan being trashed by a giant space tether/particle beam, but I'm sure it helps.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first shot looks right out of Star Trek III
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Thanks again! That station kinda looks like Starfleet HQ from the Starfleet Tech Manual.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps