Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Family Guy stars the TNG cast tonight

Author Topic: Family Guy stars the TNG cast tonight
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm not a big Family Guy fan, tonight on Fox they are doing their "Where no fan has gone before" Futurama-esque episode.

Trailer is here. Looks like it's going to be funny.

http://io9.com/5187033/picard-steals-the-show-on-family-guys-star-trek-reunion

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna see it tonight. They did a good job capturing the look of the actors.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that io9.com site - haven't been there before - but there are a whole host of articles that I want to read there now.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll get nothing and you will LIKE it!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a fan of Family Guy, but I had to watch it anyway. It was interesting how I could recognize some of them by voice right away, and others I had to think about -- even if all the drawn characters looked very close to their real-life source.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's me never pronouncing Wil Hweaton's name properly ever again.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you just say? What did you just say? Say "wheat". Now say "Wil Wheaton".

That sketch had me in stitches. Oh and the farting in the airtight suit, I couldn't breathe during that one. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of you who watch the show on a regular basis will know that the Wil HWeaton and HWoopie Goldberg joke is derived from the Cool HWip joke.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite all the awesome ST jokes (especially Wheaton getting punched a few times), I think my favorite was the random cut away to "god" dressed as Flash Gordon on a rocket cycle with the Queen music blasting.

Wasn't quite as good as their Star Wars episode, but overall fun.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the episode had its moment, it seemed to be a whole bunch of hoo-hah for nothing. I'm not a big fan of Family Guy, but I did love their Star Wars episode.

The problem, to my mind, is that I was expecting a whole Trek-spoof episode, not a 1/3rd Trek spoof, 2/3rd Meg/God episode. Whole lot of hype, half an hour down the drain.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I, too, was expecting more Trek.

--------------------

danova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be pleasant to me madly episode Futurama-esque!
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps