Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Resistance is Futile! My Kids will be Assimilated!

Author Topic: Resistance is Futile! My Kids will be Assimilated!
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As recently as a month ago, my 9-year-old son has told me "I hate Star Trek!" Of course, he really hadn't sat down and actually *watched* a full episode, so I didn't take that very seriously. He's been a huge Star Wars and Harry Potter fan though.

I think the commercials for the new movie have changed that.

He's actually shown interest in the episodes that are being shown on SciFi, asked me specifically about the Borg (they were in a book about robots he read), and tonight, I took this picture:
 -
If you can't tell, that's him watching First Contact while reading over my copy of the 1701-D blueprints! I'm so proud! [Big Grin]

[ May 07, 2009, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: B.J. ]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torture?

Child Soldier rearing?

Either way, this poses a lot of problems that the UN needs to be notified.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

danova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The talent can at it...?
IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of us.

Back in 87 that's how my dad got me. He grew up on TOS so when a new Star Trek series started he made sure I watched it.

Didn't realized this was a newbie rez until after I posted. Oh well.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What in hell is that thing next to the TV?!?
You make your nine-year-old go out in public in that, dont you...?

You evil fuck. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps