Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Have you seen It (ST XI)? What did you think? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Have you seen It (ST XI)? What did you think?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herb, dont go away just yet- yes, we ARE elitest snobs but that does not preclude you becoming one as well- a bit of verbal hazing weeds out the serious from those that do things like starting topics like "list your favorite starship" threads every two weeks.

But DO introduce yourself formally, please- tell us what you bring to the virtual table, as it were.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they shouldn't have made/given them positions in this movie, maybe have waited till the next?

The other reason for the move straight to Captain - I'm guess Starfleet lost a lot of people and Starships - due to Nero at Vulcan and also whatever is going on in the Laurentian system, as to why the starships and the rest of the fleet there couldn't be brought to help out with the Nero problem.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But there were people already on the Enterprise that could have taken command before Kirk. Hell, Scotty could have done it, and he wasn't even a crewmember yet.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Pike had mentorial investment in Kirk from the bar and onwards, he may have recommended and vouched for him to the admiralty because he was confident Kirk was on the track now, and would in time unfurl his captain skills like a brand new size 9 Gucci chestnut toupée, unfrizzlable and splash-resistant. Organic glue sold separately.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I dunno. I thought it was quite convenient for Yoda to be hiding on Hoth, saving Luke the trouble of making it to the Dagobah system.

wait....what?
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I dunno. I thought it was quite convenient for Yoda to be hiding on Hoth, saving Luke the trouble of making it to the Dagobah system.

wait....what?
He's refering to the part in the welsh edtion... or was it Slovac? I dunno, i remember movies being different when you watch them in the slovac sections of Cleveland back in the 70's ( Heya, Heya, Heya!!)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo,ooo, more new bits.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/10/27/star-trek-movie-deleted-klingon-scene-available-online/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Can't wait to see what other scenes are included with the DVD...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps