Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What the ?!@?! [possible $]

Author Topic: What the ?!@?! [possible $]
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished watching "Penumbra" and I was wondering....who are the Breen?

I've heard the name before but I can't place it, the Star Trek Timeline Encylopedia doesn't have them...who are they?

------------------
If a tree falls on a mime in the forest...does anyone care?

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are some dudes who wear regfridgeration suits to keep themselves cold. We've never seen them without suits on. I've seen them in the episode where Dukat and Kira find Ziyal, and
the episode at the Dominion Internment Camp...and now Penumbra. They are said to use biological ships...

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoo-boy...

To try and stave off the inevitable arrival and dark wrath of The Tom, I present you with his information in website form.

Click me to learn all about the Breen.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Breen ships sure are BUTT-UGLY... Even worse than T_T's posted pics showed...

*also awaits the arrival of Mr. Breen in this thread* =P

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*some western pipe tune tootles through the background*

A lone masked figure bursts into the Solarflare Gulch Saloon. The stranger glares at Chuckie the barkeeper, who anxiously begins whipping up something for the stranger... on ice.

Mucus: "Howdy Stranger"

All the other attendees of the saloon shake their heads not entirely unlike the manner Uhura did in ST VI.

Mucus: "Ah sed, Howdy Stranger!"

Stranger: "....."

Mucus: "So.. would ya mind tellin' me what race you are"

Stranger: "....."

On a side table, Dead "ringer" Cujo and Sol "The Plugmaster System" whisper something back and forth agitatedly.

Mucus: "Who da hayll are you?"

The stranger motions Mucus out into the street with a single finger.

The patrons all fall quiet. The stranger and Mucus leave the saloon, and moment later they hear a single gunshot. The Stranger returns inside to accept his drink.

Again the hubub of the saloon resumes.

On the far barstool, The "I take that back" Vorlon quietly sips his drink and hopes the stranger doesn't notice him, lest a similar fate befall him.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been thinking about this, and this is what I have come up with:

The biological parts of their ships are waste extraction. Ya know, they have this big alien inside the ship who eats all the waste and coverts it into fuel for the ship

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, did the stranger order anything to eat? I hear there's a place down the street that does a great deal on pizza & garlic bread, throw in a bottle of coke and it's home delievered for...*notices everyone looking at him in an odd fashion*

I'll be going now...

(As I recall Tuvoks exact words were 'The Breen use biological components in their ships'.)

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean, like, they use hamsters running round a wheel as an engine core?

Or maybe they keep their freezers going by harnessing the cooling power of worms...

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Eastwood speak* Go ahead, make my day...

*smites T_T for his disobedience*

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

[This message was edited by The Vorlon on April 08, 1999.]

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap! I missed the eposide!

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps