Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ Consequences of the movie on the original Trek universe [Spoilers] (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: $$ Consequences of the movie on the original Trek universe [Spoilers]
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
quote:
Originally posted by Wes:
the Narada was outfitted with Tal Shiar's reverse engineered Borg technology. Consider the comic non-canon or canon, but its the closest to the official explanation you'll get.

Oh dear lord.

Why the hell would a pissed-off space trucker be granted access to some of the highest technology the quadrant has to offer?

This is like Cletus watching Podunk, MS gettin' all blowed up (losing Fred in the attack) and suddenly the frakking CIA is putting top-secret Skunk Works DARPA shit all over his 18 wheeler.

Seriously, is that the best the comics guys could come up with?

Nero was involved with the Romulan senate and one of the only Romulans warning about the supernova. Read the comic, he kills the Preator and theres some dialog about taking the staff (that he later uses to kill Captain Robau)... Also, not all truckers are hicks, I kinda resent that stereotype!

Re: Spcok

I was just thinking about whales and the probe. In this current timeline, history 'records' Kirk in 1986 and stealing two whales and Gillian Taylor in a Klingon Bird of Prey, but in this new time line, there are no whales, so in theory, if Pine-Kirk was to travel to 1986 and try to capture some whales, wouldn't he in theory run into Shatner-kirk trying to do the same thing?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think so, yes. Which would be awesome.
Kirk and Kirk could have a tug-of-war over a whale pup, the tugging sounding like creaking balloons, while Spock and Spock try to outsmart eachother with vulcan Stooges-slaps and pinches. *cue "Yakety Sax"*

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I keep thinking that Spock would try to return to his own timeline, but how could he? He's in a tangent universe created by events in a future that now cannot come to pass (or at least his parts won't, presumably that star will still go nova). But if anybody could get over a hurdle like that, it's Spock.

That's no diffrent than traveling from the Mirror Universe, is it?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Think so, yes. Which would be awesome.
Kirk and Kirk could have a tug-of-war over a whale pup, the tugging sounding like creaking balloons, while Spock and Spock try to outsmart eachother with vulcan Stooges-slaps and pinches. *cue "Yakety Sax"*

Oh please. That's just another silly 'Bring Back Kirk' fan film [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

Oh wow. He does comedy, too...

Roflcopter!

--------------------

danova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did postulate before I saw the movie that some of the differences (ie ship and costume designs) that appeared to have been in place prior to Nero's arrival would be a result of some or all of the Trek-Prime being negated or altered.
IP: Logged
Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by danova:
I did postulate before I saw the movie that some of the differences (ie ship and costume designs) that appeared to have been in place prior to Nero's arrival would be a result of some or all of the Trek-Prime being negated or altered.

First: Hello, there (please don't be a asshat website spammer. please, don't be a spammer)

Second: No shit, asshat (dun dun dun!)

Third: Welcome to SciFi hell. how may we serve you?

*giggles* Seriously, welcome. To say things are different because of the loss the Kelvin, is a understatement. What interests me what they (paramount) plans to do with this, in terms of what is cannon, what direct the books go, etc. will they release a line of JJ-trek books?

I dunno. considering how many people they fired from the editorial staff of the main book producer... who knows.

[hin]asshat! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont mind Pensive, he's kind of our resident jackass as a hobby.
I'm the professional full-time jackass and I'll be your case worker for the duration of your stay (get the thorazine, someone- he's going to make a break for it).

There should be no changes to the Primeline- obviously there are many variations to the new movie's universe from what we are accumstomed to.

The loss of editorial staff at Pocket is an ill omen of things in the Trek expanded universe to say the least- bad enough there is no one to reign in that idiot Peter David on his slapstick New Frontier books.

It could also be the death-knell for another SOTL coffee table book dealie.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

The loss of editorial staff at Pocket is an ill omen of things in the Trek expanded universe to say the least- bad enough there is no one to reign in that idiot Peter David on his slapstick New Frontier books.

My God...

Incidentally, there are like four books coming out which will deal with the aftermath of STXI. Judging by the titles, most of them seem to deal with the Vulcans finding a new home.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

My God...

Incidentally, there are like four books coming out which will deal with the aftermath of STXI. Judging by the titles, most of them seem to deal with the Vulcans finding a new home.

*begins Whipping Mars* Links, bitch! links!

(or read: has trekmovie commented on this yet, since i usually learn about upcoming books from there)

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, there's this wonderful thing called "Google"...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Try "Google" with the safe search on- less...er...distractions. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps