Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Who should play Carol Marcus in a potential Star Trek XII?

Author Topic: Who should play Carol Marcus in a potential Star Trek XII?
Herb Sewell
Member # 2163

- posted      Profile for Herb Sewell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious for thoughts. I'm partial to Melissa Joan Hart for the role. What do you think?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol Marcus Explains It All (About Genesis)?

I hope they don't remake TWoK for so many reasons. I'd much prefer they came up with something original, preferably without using any existing races, space probes or characters for the enemy.

If they did remake TWoK there'd no doubt be huge arguments among fans about continuity, since the Botany Bay would most likely be of a different design and Khan's backstory would be changed to fit the new plot. The divergent timeline probably wouldn't explain much of it.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also the fact that the New Timeline (N.T.) version of the Enterprise may never actually encounters the Botany Bay. Khan & crew could go on drifting through space for centuries or be found by another Starfleet vessel. Personally, I would think it beyond cheesy to try to 'remake' the old episodes/movies to fit N.T.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought on the matter is that, if they want to bring Carol Marcus into the franchise, and explain the back story (or at least, their version of it)between her and Kirk, by all means. I just hope they don't involve Kahn. We've been there. We don't need another TWOK.

I think though, that since this new franchise so to speak, seems to be about going back to Trek's origins, and the roots of it all (yes, I know they've changed things, but the basics are all there, that the Klingons are going to be somehow involved, in at least a semi-large way.

They're the one of the "fundamental bad guys" in Star trek. They've been there since the beginning, and it would be nice for them to come back. Even people who aren't huge trek fans know who the Klingons are, or have some basic idea ("they're the guys with the bumpy heads, right?") who they are. If in the next movie, they choose to introduce a new enemy race, or whatnot, fine by me, but I think any movie would benefit from having the Klingons involved in the plot somehow...and of course, I wouldn't complain if Carol Marcus was thrown in the mix. Technically, the history between her and Kirk (or, because of the time they did it [Wink] ) directly influenced several of the movies and Kirk's character. If not for He and Carol having David, and David being killed by the Klingons, Kirk's attitude toward them might have been totally different, changing minor events throughout the following movies, and completely changing STVI.

I'm just sayin'... [Smile]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps