Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Sonita Henry Conspiracy... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Sonita Henry Conspiracy...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When looking at the supporting actors in Star Trek (2009), I found that the female alien doctor who was on the Kelvin (big eyes, unknown race) is named Sonita Henry, a scottish-nepalese actress. It turns out she's been working in sci-fi movies since 1997, her debut being as presidential aide in Luc Besson's "The Fifth Element".

"The Fifth Element" premiered in May 1997, while "Star Trek: First Contact" came out in Nov 1996, so they had some overlapping production time. So when I saw this movie still from "Fifth Element" with Ms. Henry in it, I was surprised at the clothing this future starfleet officer was wearing (Gaultier).

Bonus detail: Ms. Henry's alien doctor had a co-star close to her, playing a medical technician of the same alien race. The actor's name is Yu, first name Kelvin.

The clothes may be a just funny coincedence, there are however other links that seem less than coincidental, but how they came to be is a mystery:

"The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" 1992: John DeLancie ("Q", TNG) and Rebecca De Mornay play Mr and Mrs Mott (name of the barber on the 1701-D)

"Dave's World" 1993: John DeLancie plays the character Mr McFadden (Dr Crusher, TNG, is played by Gates McFadden).

"The Big Hit" 1998: Avery Brooks (Ben Sisko, DS9) plays the mob boss Mr Paris (Tom Paris, VOY), and Lou Diamond Phillips plays the hitman Cisco, who works for Paris.

"Tomorrow by midnight" 1999: Tamara Craig Thomas (Haley, VOY: Lifeline) plays a character named Kira (Kira Nerys, DS9).

I did run all this data through the Probability matrix in Flare-Sublevel A3, but the only response I got out of it was "magma displacement", whatever that means. I'll ask the R&D suits to take a look on monday, have them pull their weight around here. "Tenure" my ass.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He knows too much; kill him.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rather confused. I think I'm going to drink some water now.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're sure that's not what they want you to do?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Kevin Bacon ends up showing up somewhere the universe will implode like.....

Red Matter! yeah.....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't tomato soup red matter?

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought it looked more like raspberry sauce, sans pips.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ketchup. Nail polish. Red Lipstick.
Any of these can acuse time to stop if used properly in conjunction with a lovely ladyfriend.

Some combonation of these elements may cause black holes or time travel, I dont dare attempt it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if you open up a time portal within a time portal? Or if you're a time traveler, what if you open up a time portal and the exit aperture is your own space-time coordinates as you are entering the time portal, putting you forever traveling?

Curse Alaska and their evil conservative Molten Lipstick Singularity Bombs!

(There's an evil lib joke about Bristol in there about teen single(ularity)-mothers and babies dropping out like bombs, but I don't know what it is and so I'm putting this in as a thwart against it. You bastards. [Wink] )

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't cross the streams, don't open a jump point inside a jump point and never microwave a metal dish during a supernova. Important safety tips.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I better put my tinfoil hat on right away.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Don't cross the streams, don't open a jump point inside a jump point and never microwave a metal dish during a supernova. Important safety tips.

What does it mean if I understand all three of those references? [Roll Eyes]
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then you are posting where you belong.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
I better put my tinfoil hat on right away.

What are you crazy?! Those things attract brainslugs! They're like squishy green, thought sucking magpies...or slightly less irritating customer survey operators.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

danova
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rather confused.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps