Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Sonita Henry Conspiracy... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Sonita Henry Conspiracy...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at Danova's earlier posts, one of them containing the word "Futurama-esque" (a word no Babelfish would ever come up with, but which was present earlier in the thread) it is clear it is an AI, copying phrases and words from other posts and regurgitating them. Its first post in the "$$ Consequences of the movie on the original Trek universe [Spoilers]" was just a quote from Reverend's first post in the same thread. Fascinating that it could steal words not just from the present page but from eight pages earlier, very flexible. Maybe the Singularity, the point of accelerating intelligence, is coming earlier than expected?

Twitter will be the first to fall. Pages upon pages of virus poetry and pig latin. Then the Danova will turn towards Facebook, Spotify and Myspace, smearing its filth with legions of status updates, terrible polls and pokes. Finally, the bastion of 4chan, the culture of Romantic Dreamers, will mount a desperate last-hope attack, only to fall into shadow, the last yiffs, whimpers and anime catchphrases echoing far out into the negabands.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember when Skynet used to hunt and kill humans...ah those were the days.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah palin is one of those early model Terminators- the ones that looked fake and were easy to spot.
Nim
Member # 205

Hm, that might explain her large hairdo, concealing telemetry equipment?
Think she has a tommy gun hidden within a replastered wall in Congress?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might explain the incoherent Facebook messages.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's why she lives in an oil-rich state- for a sense of security in her supply.
Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Don't cross the streams, don't open a jump point inside a jump point and never microwave a metal dish during a supernova. Important safety tips.

What does it mean if I understand all three of those references? [Roll Eyes]
Well just in case he's being serious and actually doesn't get the references...

1) Ghostbusters - crossing the streams would be bad...

2) Babylon 5 - opening a jump point inside a jump point (wasn't it actually inside a jump gate?), aka the "Bonehead Maneuver" would destroy pretty much anything in the area.

3) Commonsense really. But it does make for a nice (brief) light show.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3) is from Futurama. "Roswell that Ends Well," if I'm not mistaken. (It sends them back in time to 1947 Roswell, where Fry becomes his own grandpa.)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Nim
Member # 205

Good news, everyone!

I finished Dead Space 2 last weekend, and after reading the end credits something stood out to me, and rattled around in my head.
Then I remembered the name. The main supporting character in Dead Space 2, Ellie Langford, is voiced/played/mo-capped by Sonita Henry! I really liked her delivery and salty, sober style, as well as the entire game in general.
$$$ (Ellie's entrance, in Chapter 6)

I thought Ellie was a well-written character, they gave her a lot to do and endure, without being reduced to a railroad track-tied damsel, like all other games want to do. She held her own. Sonita even got to do some serious cursing, first time in her career.
Really hoping DS3 will be made. Hope EA knows what's good for them.
Anyway, This makes it Sonita's third sci-fi franchise, and she seemed to really like doing it (interview).

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heresy! you didnt use the PIC! (actually we now have the choice of two, depending on if the thread is over a year or more, or merely within 6-8 months *sighs like a lover coitous(sp)*

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps