Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » 21st Century Vulcan science ship spotted inside the Narada (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 21st Century Vulcan science ship spotted inside the Narada
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching the Bluray of Star Trek casually (I'm going to go thru it to spot all the easter eggs later) but I happened to spot the Vulcan ship from First Contact inside the Narada shortly after Spock steals back the Jellyfish.

I looked a little closer, and spotted multiple ships, a Klingon BOP, a TOS Romulan Warbird, a second Vulcan ship, and something shaped like the Defiant...

http://i34.tinypic.com/2922wlj.jpg

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it you have a bluray copy when it's not even released yet on video in the US?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is pretty goddamn lame.
Why would...
Fuck it. It's not worth even trying to make an explanation for that movie.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you mind making some screencaps of the Starfleet ships? I'm thinking particularly of the spacedock stuff, that shot of the Enterprise with the Newton, Defiant and third ship, and wreckage of the Farragut/Mayflower/whatever.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Nero has been doing some pirating during the decades between when he arrived and when the movie takes place. Or maybe it's some kind of equipment that just... happens... to be shaped like an old Vulcan ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jASON.... Jason... Dearest Jason (PutDowntehKnife)

Just because you see it, doesn't mean it was actually there for real (because, if that rule is followed, a whole REALLY fucking big bag of shit is gonna be flamed with the Falcon from SW in First Contact... [Big Grin] )

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'll be damned...though I note two of the objects you circled actually look like the Vulcan ship.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So they have shuttles with the same engine layout as a Vulcan design, that's great. It's also the first bit of design from the TNG-movies inserted into the new continuity, after only having seen TOS-inspired stuff. This is a detail that 95% of the audience wouldn't pick up on, they did it for the fan base.
Those large pylons and things in the middle of the picture, deeper into the hold, are they platforms or ships held in suspension?
The "Defiant"-looking ship in the right of the picture looks like one of the romulan shuttles seen on DS9.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
technology that is destroyed now, one supposes... still nice easter eggs. *whips WES* MORE SHIP Pics! Now bitch, now! *whips* [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that those are indeed FC Vulcan Landers, and that they're just easter eggs and technically not supposed to be there, does the Narada have any shuttles at all? Does it even have transporters?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I started the "does the Narada even have transporters?" thing the other day, but Spock apparently does say Nero "beamed me here" to the surface of Delta Vega.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then why bother with..I mean it's dumb to...but...
(explodes)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can probably get a few more caps this weekend. Requests?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Um, the ships that depart to fight the Narada.

The shuttles the Kelvin launches.

Pics of the Enterprise firing.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have access to deleted scenes? If so, the Klingon "warbirds." (Not to mention the Kobayashi Maru test where you see them too.)

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps