Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A tale of destiny twine (or 2 wangs, your choice)

Author Topic: A tale of destiny twine (or 2 wangs, your choice)
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing things happen when your sicker than a dog.

thinking about what happens next in JJ-Ent line (in terms of the 2nd movie, any books?)...

well (i know i said this before), does Spock Prime blab about all the threats out there? (go get a old vessel with a heavily rigged impulse engine for that DDM, the Romulans might be given pause on testing thier new warbird inlight of the destruction of Vulcan [let alone espionage attempts since the total remaining population of vulcans would likely be known, making insertions harder], various places to avoid in the future, oh, the borq)

BUT... also what makes me curious to the prime timeline. has the STO liners been following the books lately? that new what-ever-it-fucking-called thingie with the romulans, gorn, tholeons, etc... factoring into the game?

Hell, with the Federation's dead zone after the borg attacks in the Destiny series, is that mentioned in STO?

and does anyone given though on a picture of the Alpha quantrant showing the dah dead zone

*end post-sick rant* Engage!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, my room mate bought all those "Destiny" books and I've yet to read a one.
Do they suck as badly as ezri Dax having her own starship would imply?

I know they're several years after the DS9 books (which I read and are very well written, BTW).

Also, dont be coughing on my internet- my anti-virus software is outdated.
Feel better, you sick fuck.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

From what i remember, she got her ship by default, her previous CO was KIA in a previous borq book (probably the one where 'The Bun' dies (you know she's dead, right, Jason?)

in short, you want to know why MACO's dropped from favor? read. you blaim them for the borg. oh wait, they BECACME DAH Borq (duhm, duhm, duhmmmmm!)

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone been reading the Nero comic? It's taken a weird turn, with the Narada apparently being sentient, and taking Nero and crew to the Delta Quadrant. There they meet V'ger, who apparently notices the changes in the timeline, and even knows about the events of The Motion Picture. It knows these things even though it appears to be the pre-Decker-IliaProbeThingy-merge V'ger, which makes no sense chronologically.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

more the reason it isn't cannon. more stupid trek, please, ROFL...

no. including V'ger is stupid because it's a fricking child-like mentality. thus nero comic = non-cannon. it would be ok if... i dunno. anything but V'ger...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Anyone been reading the Nero comic? It's taken a weird turn, with the Narada apparently being sentient, and taking Nero and crew to the Delta Quadrant. There they meet V'ger, who apparently notices the changes in the timeline, and even knows about the events of The Motion Picture. It knows these things even though it appears to be the pre-Decker-IliaProbeThingy-merge V'ger, which makes no sense chronologically.

I'd say that you're fucking with us, but I've already seen Trek comics almost that bad.
Anythng Peter David writes is that bad in fact.

I dont know if the very worst fanboy could come up with anything so awful...and that's really saying a lot.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

*bumped in leu of making more stupid threads to clog your intranets*

http://trekmovie.com/2010/01/28/updated-2010-schedule-of-star-trek-books/

It's a shame they cancelled some JJ-Trek books from this year's line up (and resurected some drivel to replace). It makes me think that maybe the novel line is finally dying. well, maybe dying. who knows?

but then again, i felt the same pain when Battletech drivelled (and though a fair portion of Dorkage was like fisting myself, i still read those books rather religious-like).

*sigh* i'm retiring & it looks like the only thing i have to look forward to is DDO, maybe STO & teh Yadira...

wow, teh suck begineth?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well the DS9 and vanguard series of books are really very good- everything else...not so much.

I've noticed those SCE books but I'm torn as to buying them- anyone read those?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the first two. They were alright, but obviously not enough for me to bother buying the rest. *shrug*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Member # 1203

The SCE portion of that series was ok, i agree. At times, Hit & Miss, but it was consistant and semi-liniar (especially around the events of when the De-whateva got nearly wiped. i was actually INTO that). I've never been into the e-books so perhaps i'm missing a lot...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

All those e-books are collected into omnibus book format- Books A Million has a few.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps