Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek Online, is anyone playing? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Star Trek Online, is anyone playing?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't get how people can spend so much time on theses MMO games. I'm unemployed and even I don't have that much free time to burn!

Even if I did, I'd rather play a game I can: -
1) Complete.
2) Only have to pay for once.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play maybe an hour or so most days, kicking ass on Call of Duty multiplayer, so I have no problem with a game I cant complete. I'm all for just paying once though, a subscription service just eats at my cheap, Scottish soul. A game would have to be VERY good for me to sign up to giving them money every month. WoW is completely the wrong premise, and STO is too limited and poorly executed.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be honest I have been known to spend an hour or so playing Team Fortress 2, but like CoD it doesn't pretend to be a role playing game and there's no way I'd have done so if there was a subscription charge. It is fun though and on a good day I'm a lethal demoman. [Wink]

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
I'm playing as well. As I said in another thread, it's not a perfect game, but it's good.

Would anybody else here at Flare be interested in forming a fleet?

Since I am seriously considering getting the game, participating in a fleet would be nice. But want to know who else would be interested.

Methinks if such a fleet can be formed, perhaps Charles can put a private forum for us to access.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caved.

Bought it online at Atari.com for $29.99. With the exchange rate, it's a lot better than paying $60 Canadian for full price.

Let's build a fleet!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
Methinks if such a fleet can be formed, perhaps Charles can put a private forum for us to access.

If you get enough members, sure.

To be honest, when I do try the game out (I've purchased it, just haven't installed or activated yet), I'm likely to just do something silly and join Goonfleet Starfleet Dental for the hilarity of the experience.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never played an MMO. I've been curious, but worried I'll get hooked on it to the detriment of my social life.

But, if I was interested, could someone tell me why I should get this rather than Eve?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why yes, http://media.photobucket.com/image/eve%20difficulty%20curve/nyotasol/newlearningcurve.jpg
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair point.

Okay then, why should I get this and not Mass Effect 2?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No reason at all. Get ME2, there is dry humping to be had!

--------------------

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm afraid Battlefield BC2 just got my hard earned coin, and it's great fun. It's like that crap BF2142 never happened, and they've updated Battlefield 2 with better graphics and pretty maps. Lovely.

Why not visit Metacritic and see what all the critics scores say when combined. STO is getting a whopping 60% and overall derision, where BF:BC2 is getting 95% and universal acclaim. No contest, really. Lets ne honest here, if they didn't have the Star Trek franchise it would die on its arse.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I have to say I've never been able to get into the "real world" type FPSs like Call of Duty, Battlefield and the like. To much looking through scopes and not enough hitting things with a crowbar!

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Valve is coming out with Portal 2, but I want Half Life Episode Three already, or better yet a full fledged Half Life 3. I'm a little sick of waiting a long time for these episodes, which are short and don't offer too much in the way of new content(specifically enemies).
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

I still haven't bothered getting the latest episode, I got bored with HL2 quite quickly. Half Life was the bestby far; exciting and with tons of surprises and real single player value for money. HL2 was dour, short and slightly prettier, that was it.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Hey, any game that lets you drive around a 1969 Dodge Charger and run over zombies is worth every penny! [Wink]

Kenny, even if you're not interested in the Half-Life episodes, Team Fortress 2 and Portal are defiantly worth the price for the orange box (about £17 I think.)

I can't deny though that Valve have drop the ball with the episodes. As I recall the stated intention was the release less content at a reduced price with greater frequency. They got the first two right but that last one seams to have gotten away from them. It's not as if they wasted any time developing Left 4 Dead 2.

Still, when they do deliver at least you know it's no a quickly squeezed out emission like you get from other studios. I can't speak for anyone else but the hunters in Ep2 had me genuinely afraid the first time you get to fight them. Valve games may not always be action packed, but they know how to create an immersive environment.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.