Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What if... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What if...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did in the sense that it was designed for a 4:3 presentation and even then only really looks good from a few angles. The E-E on the other hand was tailor made for the silver screen.

That's not to say that the ship didn't look good in Generations; far from it, they did a great job refurbishing the miniature and it's probably the best it's ever looked. Still, there's no getting around how ill suited it was for 16:9. Plus after 7 years with the same sets and model, it was time for a change. I mean you don't hear a lot of people complaining that they didn't just reuse the old 60's design and sets when they did the first six movies, do you? It was time for a change.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See I thought the Ent D looked great on the movie screen. The shots at Armagosa, the orbit of Viridian 3... Twas all gorgeous.

I agree it was time for something different though.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps