Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek V soundtrack

Author Topic: Star Trek V soundtrack
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just purchased the extended edition of the Star Trek V: The Final Frontier soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith. It literally arrived in the mail today and the packaging/liner notes are very nice. Haven't listened to it yet but it should be good. It is one of the best of the soundtracks, despite the movie not being one of the best.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR... thats a sign of growing up when you describe STV in that fashion... when in actuality, its a race to see which sucks more (STV or Nemesis?)

...though i recall reading the article about the disc, several months ago. Trekmovie, too, had high praise for the music...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm V x 2 = X!

Furthermore IV x 2 = VIII!

OK so that works...

II x 2 = IV = yes that works.

III x 2 = VI (tick) so what about VI x 2 = XII! The sequal to 'Star Trek' should be awesome!

However III x 3 = IX, so IV x 3 = XII also. However II x 3 = VI. It mightn't work for x3.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST:X had the Enterprise fire every torpedo in the ship, until there were no more left, holding its own against a Jem'Hadar battleship analogue.
ST:V had the Enterprise fire one torpedo, straight into dirt. And it didn't harm the target. Every attempt at a follow-up shot generated the same response each time from ship's computer.

I have never paid attention to the music of ST:V, the half-baked sermons of Sybok drowned it out I fear. Have to give it another chance.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Hmm V x 2 = X!

Furthermore IV x 2 = VIII!

OK so that works...

II x 2 = IV = yes that works.

III x 2 = VI (tick) so what about VI x 2 = XII! The sequal to 'Star Trek' should be awesome!

However III x 3 = IX, so IV x 3 = XII also. However II x 3 = VI. It mightn't work for x3.

You sir should go on Glenn Beck. Also Nim, your link leads to an amazon advert for the Twilight films.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird, works in the Chrome browser. Are you using Explorer 9? Copy-paste still works there, though.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly Firefox, Heard it on Internet Explorer though.
Nim
Member # 205

Skriptz are for kids.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps