Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » _Tribbles_ of war?! .... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: _Tribbles_ of war?! ....
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus Aden, I am happy to call you a friend, and delighted that you exist in this world, however... TRIBBLES of war?! ... Okay, that's just insane. What did the tribble ever do to you?! ... They are cute little furballs that chitter happily and last I checked couldn't even hold a weapon and point it at anyone, let alone summon the inent to use it.
Now, on the other hand, i've heard that the space lemurs are feeling vengful.....

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tribbles make excellent weapons against Klingons...

But they are our friends now, do that doesn't matter.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus they are fabulously tasty stir-fried and dripping in soy sauce!

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was Daryus who selected the description...regardless, it's rather useless...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I admit it... It was I who came up with the tribbles of war. It wasn't anything against tribbles, mind you. I like tribbles. I just wanted to do a humorous take on the famous quote "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Targs of war! Targs of war!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Cargile's remark, but would like to recommend shaving your tribbles before frying them. The resultant smoke is truly noxious!

------------------

HEALTH WARNING:
Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity Relative to the User.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I didn't come up with it. However I did choose it for General Discussion.

Why...well because...I hate tribbles!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I like them.

Especially with french fries.

*takes quick notes to shave them first*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think TSN pointed this out to me... The quote is slightly off - it should be:
"Cry 'havoc', and let slip the tribbles of war!"
Note the additional quotes around havoc. I'll fix this once someone confirms it... *LOL*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right, CC, the original quote is "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war". Star Trek in Sound and Vision has a wav file of that quote, I downloaded it a while back.

My personal favourites would be Sweet and Sour Tribble and Tribble chow mein (I happen to like Chinese food). And they're cheap too, since there are so many of them

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the Tribble rolls.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jubilee
Member # 99

It doesn't roll if you poke it enough. *grin*

------------------
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the original quote from Julius Caesar, act III, scene I:

"And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;"

Now, when you leave out the three preceding lines, it does indeed sound as if "Havoc" is being personified and adressed (which is what I always thought), but, as you can see, "Havoc" is the word that Caesar's spirit is crying before he releases the hounds... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a nearby restaurant (Alpha Centauri) that serves filet of tribble on pita and grape leaves with a garlic and olive oil dressing. Quite good if you can ignore the smoke and swearing emitted from the kitchen.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS:
The Entire Physical Universe, Including This Product, May One Day Collapse Back into an Infinitesimally Small Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently Re-emerge, the Existence of This Product in That Universe Cannot Be Guaranteed.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps