Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "I have final say." (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "I have final say."
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read over at TrekBBS that John Eaves had done pre-TOS designs that were not based on modern ship designs. Berman saw the designs, said no, and commanded Eaves to modify the Akira. This is from Rick Sternbach.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we're all surprised at this how..?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's true, then it's too bad that Eaves is getting dumped on by the fans for his design, when it actually wasn't his choice.

One wonders why Alex Jaeger doesn't just sue Eaves/Berman for copyright violation. After all, it was Jaeger who designed the Akira, and any judge with a modicum of brains would see that the Enterprise is a blatant rip-off of the Akira.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure Jaeger signed one of those contracts where everything that he did on First Contact became the sole creative property of Paramount, and thus Trek. He won't see a red cent for the copious use of his deigns in Voyager and DS9...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Source of my information
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope we get to see Eaves' designs somewhere, then. It'd go a long way toward restoring his street-cred.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
is still alive.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already knew this.. isnt this old news? or just rumor?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eaves has street-cred?

Watch it. Pretty soon someone wil declare that Mike Okuda is "In the house." And that he's "bitchin'".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he is...

:-)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on good authority that he's also phat.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Da Bomb... or is that now too mid-nineties!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We hate it when you try to talk like us.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Watch it. Pretty soon someone wil declare that Mike Okuda is "In the house." And that he's "bitchin'".

Well, Psy, that someone is me.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are never gonna believe the really, truly f*cked up dream I had last night.

I dreamed that Rick Berman fell into my swimming pool and turned into a whale, and then tried to eat me. I escaped, and he was trapped in my pool.

So I brought my friends over and showed them this whale that was trapped in my pool that had once been Rick Berman.

He kind of just stayed there for a while, until an earthquake cracked the pool and he drowned.

Then I woke up.

I swear to God I didn't make this crap up. I actually dreamed it.

MMoM

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We hate it when you try to talk like us."

Whose doing the what now? You hate it when normal people talk like Star Trek nerds?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.