Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "I have final say." (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "I have final say."
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim: Was there a pot of petunias in your dream somewhere?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, he hates it when foreigners try to talk like normal people (ie Americans).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I just thought of something. Eaves made all these pre-TOS designs which Berman rejected in favor of the Akiraprise. But that doesn't mean that we won't see these designs as other Year One-Starfleet vessels throughout the course of the show. Berman wanted the Enterprise to look like his favorite design, and he got what he wanted. However, if other ships have to be presented, he probably won't be as heavy-handed in their designs (unless for some reason every other Starfleet ship of the period is Enterprise-class...highly doubtful).

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, that is true. The only time I remember the producers being rather heavy-handed in ship design was for the principle ship (or station) of the series. After that, they really don't give a care about the ships or the reuse and modification of ships to make new ships.

Sternbach had to go through three or four designs before the current incarnation of Voyager was deemed acceptable. Whoever did the Defiant had gone through quite a few designs, too. But when it came time for Sternbach to do the Nova, he simply whipped out the pathfinder design from the DS9 tech manual and modifiied it. It was accepted with no problem from the producers.

I can guarantee that see some of those other designs. After all, this is a radical shift in time for the series, so all ships will need to be new designs. Nothing from even TOS can be reused in Enterprise. So we will be seeing Eaves' other designs popping up.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I kinda figured something was up when the design came out.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally... Had I been asked to create such an obviously unoriginal design like the Akiraprise. I would have turned in my resignation.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And thus lost any chance to produce better (in your opinion) ships down the road, when they want "Starfleet ships of the week".

Oh, and also giving up what I'm sure is a fairly healthy salary.

What is Probert doing now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing at the moment, though he's apparently hoping to get a job on the new Battlestar Galactica.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And thus my point is made.

*claps hands together*

Lets go home kids.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps