Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$-- Non-descriptive Spoiler Title --$$

Author Topic: $$-- Non-descriptive Spoiler Title --$$
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/160801_01.shtml

Yippie!!! The Andorians are BACK! With a vengeance!

Finally, the violent, passionate blue aliens get a face! And what a face: Jeffrey Combs!!

Let's hope the Combs-Andorian will be a recurring character!!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disclaimer:
The above message was written under the influence of FanBoy: The Andorian Fever(tm). All rights reserved.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yipes!

It's more or less evident that Combs' character will have to be a recurring one. To have a recurring character of such great popularity picked from the ranks of Andorians bodes well for the race... Of course, this proves nothing about the quality of material that will be written for Combs, but clearly TPTB see him as this show's answer to Garak. So the aim is set high and resources will be expended to make this work.

Frankly, this is a pleasant surprise after the initial speculation that the first recurring star would be the ship's cook...

Now all we lack is a Tellarite (perhaps to be played by a popular Ferengi actor) and a Gorn (hopefully in improved makeup) to make fanboy heaven. Orion girls are optional.

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The Gorn should be the Species 8472 of ENT. Alien, CGI, mysterious, doubtfully evil. (But not a super-alien from another dimension).

I wonder how Combs would look with two giant antenea sticking out of his white-'n'-blue head

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gorn? First Contact with them was made by the Enterprise NCC-1701 AFAIK.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion Slave Girls are NOT optional.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andorians hate Vulcans now? Argh...good thing I haven't used Faera Thalev's character in a while.

Jeff Combs seems a little...SHORT...to be playing an Andorian to me. I always saw them as tallish, slightly thin, & rather regal-looking. especially the females.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I was under the impression that the Gorn were quite well known to the Federation in "Arena".

And I like the fact that the Andorians hate the Vulcans. They have already been described as violent people, and it furthermore shows that the founding members were not *that* close friends.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they had no knowledge of the Gorn until "Arena." Hence Kirk referring to it as "a creature apparently called a Gorn..." That was fist contact with them, my friend.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Oh, *****!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andorian, Schman...dorian. They could dress Combs up as a ballerina and call him Tipsy the Space Fairy and I'd be pleased.

Er, maybe not. Anyway, keen!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps