Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is the current “buzz” about Enterprise positive? An informal POLL… (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is the current “buzz” about Enterprise positive? An informal POLL…
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.5 to 3.0

But my feelings about Doomsayers still hover around 99.99

If anything, it'll be the Doomsayers who kill the show, as they killed Voyager. Bad buzz = bad ratings = poor timeslot, poor viewability, too much writer/plot shuffling, desperate attempts to attract nontraditional viewers, etc. = further bad buzz, repeat.

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are you joking when you say VOY is a great show? I hope you are.

I said I had no doubt whatsoever that it would be a great show [before it aired]. Obviously I can't predict worth a shit.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am some what excited about Enterprise but I'm worried about continuity.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind, of course, that we at Flare (as mostly tech fans) are not at all a representative sample of Star Trek fans. Many of us have reservations about the ship or the technology that most fans, frankly, don't give a rat's ass about. As I've mentioned before, the more non-specific Trek sites, like TrekWeb.COM, consistently show roughly 80% approval of Enterprise in their multi-thousand respondent polls. In other words, most of the early buzz on Enterprise is, in fact, positive. Rick Berman was right on.

Oh, and I'm at about a 1.5. I have no problem with anything I've seen so far, but I think the stakes are high and the temptation to eventually screw things up higher still.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where Brannon Braga is concerned, it's much more than a temptation. It's an inevitability. He's God's gift to Trek, don't you know? The jury is still out as to who had the bigger ego, him or Roddenberry.

--------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roddenberry I'd say, but he had every right as Trek was his baby.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked voyager alot

I feel somewhere inbetween 1 and 2 for Enterprise

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fair fan of Voyager, even though it had its very bad periods, it also had its highs, particularly during the 4th season. But I still don't think it ever equalled the same level of consistent quality achieved by TNG, or DS9 for that matter.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

HappyTarget
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for HappyTarget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mostly. While some things seem to TNG eraish, the overall idea appeals to me. Here's to hoping the stories are well written!

--------------------
Jack O'Neal - I like their style. Shoot first, send flowers later.

Todd Flanders - Ow, my fricken ears!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man... I haven't posted in a while....

I personally felt that I needed to stay neutral because the way TNG went after the bashing loyal fans gave it before it premiered, it seems to be the same here. However I hate the design of the Enterprise, its totally unorginal, its only there to ctach the viewer's eye. It is eye candy.

Other than that I am hoping that UPN shuts down and some large station like CBS, NBC, ABC, etc would buy the show. The concept is good, the station its on sucks, and the ship sucks, 1 for 3 is ok.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However I hate the design of the Enterprise, its totally unorginal,

By that logic, you should hate the design of any starship that borrows the configuration of stardrive hull, neck, saucer, and two nacelles. Think about what you type before you type it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Where Brannon Braga is concerned, it's much more than a temptation. It's an inevitability. He's God's gift to Trek, don't you know?"

Because Braga ruined TNG, didn't he.

Oh wait...

"However I hate the design of the Enterprise, its totally unorginal, its only there to ctach the viewer's eye. It is eye candy."

My god! How dare they make a ship that's designed to be visually appealing and catch the viewers eye! Of all the henious crimes, this is more henious that Bill S. Preston doing a very henious thing.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easiest way to achieve a convincing precessor to make a ship predating the E-nil is to go with a completely different design. Add to this the fact that their were many rumors early on that Eaves was working on a ship so radically different that everyone would be shocked and horrified.

Instead they played it safe with some eye candy that very much resembles a very popular design.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to read The_Tom's "Car Trek" topic (in the Enterprise forum), and quit your bitching.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.