Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is the current “buzz” about Enterprise positive? An informal POLL… (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is the current “buzz” about Enterprise positive? An informal POLL…
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a definate 2.

I'm looking forward to this one. We have to stop looking at it as a step backward ... and look at it as a step forward from where we are now in 2001..

The reference to the Akira Class Ship is driving me nuts... I know it looks like it .. but heck,, why can't we look at it as the Akira class ship was inspired by the FIRST Enterprise... *Shrugs*

And who knows.. maybe Braga and Berman had their career changing inspiration for this ... I think they'll do fine.. cuz they don't have to COMPLETELY follow someone else's vision! The critics can't say.. That's not what Gene wanted!! Cuz for the most part .. what happened after the Initial First Contact has not QUITE been written. WE have vague dates.. so .. let them fill the blanks with their own version of history before the FEDERATION came into play.

This is their vision this time .. TOS was Gene's vision of Earth as a Eutopia at peace with the universe .. Well.. that Eutopia doesn't exist .. and this gives them a lot of creative freedom.

I'm looking forward to Sept. 26th!

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: Alshrim Dax ]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all of us are waiting for Sept. 26, even myself. But unlike you Dax, I have more fear than hope about this new series. I just can't shake off the feeling that something will go wrong with either continuity or something else that would further make the Trek timeline and history corrupted. Still, I'm forcing myself to at least wait and see the show before I have any real opinion about how much damage there will be. And I still don't like how the ship looks... where's the secondary hull?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael_T: Apparently there is no secondary hull. Herman Zimmerman confirmed this in an interview.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And any/everyone who said/says that the Akira- was an Andorian design is going to be rather irritated. Uh.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Phycro Onyx
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2/3 somewhere in there evry news so far that i have heard is good but is very easy to turn around into not so good so thats where i stand i think
IP: Logged
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys just dont get it. Most of trek's viewers arnt continuity obsessed. They know know what an Intepid Class starship is, they know what Voyager is. Its those sort of fans that really keep the Trek phenomona alive.

If continuity does get screwed over, Enterprise will still go on. and you will hate it.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You need to read The_Tom's "Car Trek" topic (in the Enterprise forum), and quit your bitching.

I have to love the Akiraprise because you do?
I don't fucking think so. You're the one who needs to stop bitching.

And its beside the point that I actually like the design (for the most part). I would have found radically different designs (both interior and exterior) much more convincing for something that is suppose to pre-date the TOS Movies by 130 years and TNG by 220.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, and which set do you think isn't different enough? The bridge? What were you looking for, two guys with abacuses (abacus? abaci?) sitting on deck chairs? So far we've got an engineering set that looks like nothing else on TV, a sickbay that resembles some sort of Soviet dream of medical efficiency, and some other rooms we've barely glimpsed.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if I'm alone with my opinion:

Dennistn
Member # 386

- posted      Profile for Dennistn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fall somewhere between 4 and 5 , depending on the latest news and pics I see. I guess I usually feel and would guess the future for the series is uncertain at best.

--------------------
IDIC

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps