Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Opening Sequence (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Opening Sequence
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Aint it Cool News The Enterprise opening sequence will not be having the traditional orchastra music , instead they will be useing a more "modern" remix of the Rod Stewart Song "Faith of the Heart" heard on the Soundtarck to Patch Adams. The new Music will be playing over images of past Earth expeditions like the landing on the moon , The Discovery of the New World.

Get the Whole scoop at Trekweb ...

http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/08/24/998655988.html

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... The opening montage of historic exploratory moments sounds interesting. I think that would be an interesting twist since Enterprise is supposed to be about mankinds voyage in deep space for the first time.

The music I'm not too sure about. If this story is true, then I'll be disappointed by it. However, I'm weary about the truthfulness of the source of the story. As the article says, AICN is pretty much hit-or-miss, plus Paramount probably would have been using that music already in the promos instead of snippets of "Wherever You Will Go." Add to that, every series and movie has to have a theme. By theme, I mean a sequence or two of music that causes the listener to automatically think of a particular thing.

Every series and movie (at least in the past few decades) has had a theme. You sometimes catch yourself humming it to yourself. Star Trek is the same. All the movies and series have had a central musical theme (with TMP and TNG sharing a theme, and TNG, TOS, the movies sharing the Enterprise fanfare). Enterprise is going to have to have one for the series composer to maintain a semblance for the series music. I don't think that Enterprise is going to depend on a Rod Stewart song that was featured on another soundtrack to provide that theme.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks. It really does. All the other themes of the series were so memorable (especially Voyager's). Now, they're bringing in pop music to get a "wider audience." Everyone knows it's just Berman trying to rack up the ratings and money. So, if you're asked to do the themes of all the Star Treks, after Voyager you break into a Rod Stewart song?
I hope the story is false. Cue the orchestra!

--------------------
Meh

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd prefer to wait and hear it before making any kind of judgments, but what interests me is will there be any voice-over commentary at the beginning? Such as Archer saying "Space, the final frontier," etc. I think such an opening sentence as this would be quite relevant to this series.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::Thinks of message at the end of WB shows::

Announcer: "Music from tonight's episode of Enterprise included tracks from The Calling..."

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should get They Might Be Giants to do the music.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"In 2151, the humans and the Vulcans were split...
The three nominees for the presidential candidate..."

Oops. Nevermind.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that this isn't true, I like the orchestral music scores in Star Trek. I remember when I first watched The Next Generation and I was in awe of the music. That's when I was first exposed to orchestral music which led me to "classical music" then jazz and then to other types of music which are out of the mainstream market. I hope that when Star Trek: Enterprise finally airs, I will not be mad about the music. I'm already mad about the sets, I don't any need more reason to not watch the show.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I'm looking forward to? The first opening dialogue in fifteen years.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opening Dialouge is sort of a staple in the Star Trek Universe. it seems the series without it don't do as well as the ones with the opening Dialouge. Speaking of sets I thought some aspects were a little more futuristic than expected for that era.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm. I somehow doubt that people watched "DS9" and said, "hey, there's no opening dialogue. Let's not watch this."

IMO, considering that DS9 was by far the best Trek series ever produced in terms of quality, writing, etc. (and VOY was by far the worst), what you suggest Dr. Phlox is by far innacurate ... if anything, DS9 and VOY have succeeded/failed in spite of whether or not they had opening monologues, not because of it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Yeah...opening dialogue...
"Space...the final fronteir...these are the voyages of the USS Enterprise...to seek out new life...and new civilizations...to boldly go where no man (one) has gone before... Suddenly, Destiny Child's "Survivor" is heard all over the screen!
Jammin' to the hit tunes of Enterprise!

--------------------
Meh

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Yeah...opening dialogue...
"Space...the final fronteir...these are the voyages of the USS Enterprise...to seek out new life...and new civilizations...to boldly go where no man (one) has gone before... Suddenly, Destiny Child's "Survivor" is heard all over the screen!
Jammin' to the hit tunes of Enterprise!

--------------------
Meh

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire" sung by Blondie backed up by N'Sync?

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opening dialogues make a good series. I like that theory. That's why Babylon 5 was such a great series, that is until they used quotes for the dialogue.

I like they new music approach. Makes the 'feel' more closer to home, which in fact is exactly what this series is.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.