Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Opening Sequence (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Opening Sequence
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's why Babylon 5 was such a great series

Hahahahahahahaha -- !

Have you even seen an episode of B5? It's ... well, rather painful to watch. And certainly more so to listen.

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, there are people who would say the same thing about any episode of any incarnation of Trek. Remember, like Omega's, your opinions are not universal...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babylon 5 was a great series.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm simply expressing that B5 was a bad show, with even worse dialogue. Chill, eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Describe the episode of Babylon 5 that you saw to make you draw that conclusion. Clearly you haven't been watching the correct episodes. Watch Messages from Earth or Severed Dreams...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as we're sniping, the logic that could lead to B5=bad, Highlander=good is so alien to me it must come from the very depths of the Hollow Earth!
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I'm simply expressing that B5 was a bad show, with even worse
dialogue. Chill, eh?

Well, at least B5 was going somewhere! Voyager spent way too much of its seven seasons spinning its wheels, not to mention having a terminal case of Space: 1999 Syndrome (a small group isolated in the middle of nowhere for years, and only one kid conceived on the way? Please!)

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Voyager was carrying three drums of condoms and birth control pills in Cargo Bay 2?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Reginald Barclay
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never watched Voyager religiously, but wasn't Naomi Wildman conceived before Voyager was lost? We never did see her father.

And I'd rather watch most episodes of B5 than any given Voyager episode.

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Reginald Barclay ]

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree, I like Babylon 5 a hell of a lot more than Voyager.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Voyager

And what, pray tell, led you to believe I like Voyager? Voyager is horrible, worse than B5.

Why don't I like B5? Have you EVER listened to the dialogue? It's so wooden. Hell, even the actors make fun of it.

Sol, how someone could think Highlander=Bad, B5=Good is completely amazing to me.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on man, surely you can respond to a Hollow Earth reference with more forcefulness. Accuse me of being mind-controlled by our hidden alien overlords! Claim that my brain has been replaced with an intelligent hive of bees! That sort of thing.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Naomi was conceived before Voyager was lost. So that would make

Season 7 Spoilers
$
$
$
$
$
$
only one kid that we know of conceived on Voyager during it's time in the DQ...namely Tom and B'Lanna's daughter.

My guess is that they have extremely reliable birth control in the 24th century.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sol,

You've obviously been captured and mind controlled by Rob's Secret Librarian World Domination Army. Kill yourself before its too late.

I don't like B5. I'm sorry, I just don't. No amount of screaming is going to get me to change my mind. I think the dialogue is about as creative as "let's get in our car and drive for thirty-six and a half miles and then we will kill our enemy."

Let's move on, shall we?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't believe that they are using a modified version of a pop song... I may like pop music but you don't see me screaming for the opening sequence to have Madonna's "Beautiful Stranger" blasting as the Enterprise zooms by.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.