Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BBC accidentally shows blueprints (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BBC accidentally shows blueprints
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! I got what I hoped for, a small glimpse of something we are not quite allowed to see yet!

In the background during interviews with Berman and Braga, were some large blueprints of the NX-01. Included were:
A) A top-view with labeled sections
B) A proper side view (and it looks an awful lot like the Loknar class)
C) A side view cutaway. It appeared to me that the ship has about 7 or 8 decks, with a computer core/ODN trunk right below the bridge, as in all SF ships. Alse included was a cutaway of a nacelle. Couldn't make out if it was in TOS (reactors) or in TNG (coils) style.
D) Something resembling a larger, blockier version of a nacelle. Could be an actual NX-01 nacelle, or some previous design or a blueprint for some other CGI-thing.

I'm still waiting for my new PC with TV_capture card, but does anyone have screenshots of this?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to post this question here

Anyway, I saw that the underside of the saucer is the same as on the original Enterprise. It has the well known downwards pointing piramid shape.

Pitty I didn't see the front deflector, but I'll post a description as soon as it's been on screen.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berman + Ship
Braga + Ship
4(Braga + Ship)

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That side view gets a vote of "ick" from me...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, you mean the one you can't really see clearly?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ick is right. The side view looks awful.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry, yes I shared your interest in this. Here's a couple of quick caps to show these images more clearly.

In the first, with the gormless Braga you get the impression of the side view as well the standard, familiar top views, and larger images of the nacelles over his left shoulder.

In the second you have a better view of the Enterprise in the interview with Berman, over his left shoulder. You get a clear indication of the side-on view of the ship to better gage its shape..

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Brannon is momentarily distracted when Scott Bakula walks behind the camera wearing nothing but his rank-pips"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Perhaps it was Jeri Ryan his girlfriend wearing only Seven's facial implant... Now there's an image.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

*opens mouth, inserts words*

I must say that with the new images I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to vote a tentative "ick" to the side view, too. But to be honest, while some of you here might make a big deal about how the thing looks on a 5-view, I'm only gonna care about it in 3D. The Equinox, for instance, looks like shite from the side, but is quite a beautiful ship in full 3D flight.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the Equinox is a good example. It just doesn't look good on paper...from any view.

I don't think that the side view can possibly look that bad onscreen.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the top view of Equinox.. but it looked better as the Defiant pathfinder.. with the launchers instead of the superfluous saucer deflector. I mean really, Do they have it in case they separate? Its already half a ship i dont think theyd be going to warp in that saucer enough to need a big deflector dish. Even the E-D saucer deflectors were tiny.. same with the E-no suffix

Launchers in saucer recess they stole from the old non canon Akyazi-class.. yay!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who'd love to have those things hanging on their walls? Must be a shitload of information written on them. Exact lengths down to the decimal and everything.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Well, not unless someone wants to hit their head against a wall enough times to make their vision capable of reading the "Whispers" LCARS screens, I can't say the writing on those images will be too useful to us. Over Berman's left shoulder in the big letters near the bottom of the page you can make out what might be "STAR" or possibly "STBD"...

(UPDATE: A bit of photoshoppage later, and it's almost certainly "STAR")

Another thing I've noticed is the complete and utter overkill on the ship measurements. My dabbling in Thespianism today led to the ultimate insult to one's manliness, namely the insertion of measuring tapes in all manner of locations all in the great pursuit of the knowledge of exactly how long my thigh is in three places. Clearly, this poor ship has suffered a similar fate. Want to know how far apart the nacelles are? How about the catamarans? Or how about the length of the saucer? The inseam on the antimatter ejection hatch?

Clearly, this thing won't be another Defiant.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was this Star Trek night, right? I was out. What did they show?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps