Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BBC accidentally shows blueprints (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BBC accidentally shows blueprints
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, looks like it has 5 or 6 decks (things get a bit jumbled around the bridge). And, strangely, it looks like a side view of the F-117A Stealth Fighter. Weird.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure do hope it looks better in 3-D.

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those blueprints also look a tad more "formatted" than I'd expect from mere modelmaking cues. Are they possibly going to be included in the show itself in some form, perhaps on the walls of Cochrane's lab or something?

The saucer does look like it could have seven or eight decks, including the bridge. But there's no sign of the tiny "secondary hull" anywhere. Are we to assume that it sits between the longitudal pylons, perfectly on level with them and not sticking up or down even one deck's worth? The 3D pics make it seem it should be noticeably below the longitudal pylon level. And no obvious multi-deck shuttlebay cavity is visible here.

Hrmgrlmgrlm... I think the Loknars looked better than the NX-01 from side.

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the 3D version will look better. The bottom half of the ship seems to be just flat, with a small rounded lower deck and a sensor dome.
Do you think they even knew there was something like the Loknar class? If not, should we tell them ?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the Gallant, from the first DC Trek comic from 1984.
They probably know about the Loknar. I'm sure they have a dartboard around the studio with the FASA logo on it. Unless Brannon supports them to have random book-burnings and script-shreddings to eliminate their desires to make the shows have continuity with each other. Ah what a fickle god..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. From the side, it looks nothing like the Akira.

Though like that ship, it has a rather...unflattering profile. We might not see it that often. Which would, hopefully, open up some different angles for in-orbit shots. Maybe she'll orbit like a space shuttle?

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a surprise that the side view looks like that, although I have not expected such a raised saucer center. This could be the slight individual mark that was absolutely missing in the top view. But what about these catamaran hulls? They are nothing more than decoration if they closely follow the curved saucer superstructure, quite unlike it is on the Akira where they are separate hull parts. It looks like the Akira shape was just distorted, without caring about the consequences.

The other very bad thing is that the engineering interior makes no sense, unless engineering is in the small aft pod - unlikely. If engineering is in the main hull, the PTC would have to bend up and down and left and right several times and run through most of the ships until they finally reach the nacelles. What an engineer's nightmare!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beyond the Loknar, which I only have a passing familiarity with, the side view looks a little like the Springfield Class that was bashed for BoBW.

So it looks like the Akira from top and the Loknar/Springfield from the side. What will the bottom look like???

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: J ]

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two more slightly different (and a bit better) grabs of the scene:
Berman
Braga

Now, have a good luck at the extreme upper-right corner of the schematics sheet behind Braga. You can make out a forward view of the nacelles and they're, well, oval from the front. Vertical ovals, sorta TMP-ish.

The Phoenixish brackets around the Bussards don't seem to be too visible, either, although they could just not be really noticeable enough to show up on a blurry diagram.

But, anyway, the oblique colour view of the Enterprise 3D model makes it really look like the nacelles are round.

If so, either these schematics are works-in-progress or the 3D views in TVGuide and USA Today were.

Thoughts?

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are other inconsistencies here as well that leads me to think that either the pictures we've seen or these schematics are old unused designs. First, look at the nacelles on the Braga picture. Those side elevations look nothing like the nacelles we've seen pictured. The schematics show a short, stubby, and tapering nacelle. The pictures show a near perfect and long cylinder.

Also, in that same picture, it shows the saucer to be an oval. We've seen a near dead-perfect top view from the TV Guide picture as well as the uniform patches and the schematic on the wall behind the situation table on the bridge show a near perfect circular saucer.

Given this, I'd be led to believe that the schematics are fairly old ones. The production shots we've seen show that at the saucer's shape is wrong in those schematics. I guess we'll find out for sure in another week.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look round to me.. where are you looking?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Dark Blobby thing in the bottom right of all the pictures appears to be the Enterprise patch, so that was nailed down when these were done, if that's of any use.

The saucer is interesting. Obviously, when one mentally compensates for the skewing of the wall, it should look less oval. But it still jars me a bit on the big one behind Berman. Odd stuff.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Any use?

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

Nice detective work.

Um since that pic is a three view 3D rendering and since we're working devilishly hard to see it, i have to ask.. has anyone seen this months Star Trek Communicator mag? Ive had it for three weeks and the cover is a huge pic of the NX (printed about 7 inches long and 4 high, 3d modeled) and i can even see little dudes in the round portholes... Its a little less strain on the eyes to look at that than sharpening the one behind Rick and Bran's heads

I have to call you out on your use of the word 'use' in this case. Seeing a 3D top view of the Enterprise NX would be of some use to me if i had several hundred printouts of it to hold up the leg of my coffee table, but right now i have precious little use for it.

But I'm proud of the fact you managed to refine it to that point..

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this fanwork:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~buckleys/doctored.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.