Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BBC accidentally shows blueprints (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: BBC accidentally shows blueprints
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. Anyone got a scan of the Communicator pic?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats disgusting. I realize we all love to cut and paste, but one of these days a couple of us will pull out a ruler and pen. Or use the 'line' feature of our art programs.

I'm holding the mag in my hands. It looks real nice. Unfortunately i moved three weeks ago and the only thing i cant find is the USB wire that connects my scanner to my comp.. maybe ill go up to the art lab later. I really assumed everyone else had seen this thing.. i did an approximate upper half deck count and fun stuff like that

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the same pic as the oblique USA Today one, right? Just with a snazzier background.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont read USA Today..

It takes up the whole width of the cover (8") and is not the same top view i keep seeing everywhere else, shows more to the side and front. The Deflector dish looks really tiny, and is either ovular or angled forward (more likely both)

By the porthole placement the 'main diameter' of the saucer is one deck high, going up another deck in a gentle slope, then the 'bubble' begins, 3 tiers of portholes on it. Odd because at this point the hull is more top facing than side, so some portholew would look almost straight up. The foreswept 'box & catamaran connects' begin there, followed by one more deck with copletely up facing ports. I cant tell whether the bridge module is one deck, or deck two with the bridge just occupying the dome above it. The port/stbd running lights have dark recesses around them identical to the 1701 (thank god theyre not phaser strips!)
on each side around deck 4 or 5 there are indentations with landing pads painted on them.
There seems to be an airlock recessed into the main diameter (deck 7 or 8 i estimate) on the stbd side.. and towards the rear, right before the catamaran connect there are plates that could be the cowls of port/stbd impulse engines or some other rear facing recessed structure. if they are imp drives it would leave the middle areas open to be bays or something else

The Nacelles are definitely round

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean this:
http://www.8ung.at/fitz/enterprise.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
Member # 709

heyyyyyy.. nice

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: the Berman/Braga scans.

That has to be the ugliest side view of a ship ever to grace the Star Trek universe. However, it certainly looks more like a 22nd century ship from the side than it does from the top.

And as far as what other ship it reminds me of, try the Ralph McQuarrie "Phase II" prototypes.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out the Saver-Class side view OMG it looks awful. But the ship itself isnt half bad.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The only ship to look truly beautiful from any and all angles is the Constitution class. That being said, I'm willing to bet that the Enterprise will look much better from the oblique shots and quarter views.

Every other Trek ship has some angles that we just don't want to see. The first that comes to my mind is the Galaxy class. It's a beautiful ship, but she looks awful when you're below her and looking up at an angle. The saucer looks just too big to be matched with the stardrive section. The Intrepid? Any shot that featured the "saucer" as the focal point. Looks like a giant nose sticking out. Horrible side views? I'd put the Nova, Akira, Sabre, and Norway in that list. However, all of those ships are real beauties when views from their good angles.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
Member # 709

I just started to wonder based on that comment if maybe Starfleet would make a different primary hull for its Galaxy-stardrives.. itd look pretty cool with a E-E or Intrepid shaped saucer too

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree in that the Constitution is the most beautiful of Starfleet's ships. I loved it as a kid, and I still love it now. The original, as in so many cases in life, is often the best. Some of the latest 24th century ships seem too generic, bland and unconventional, the Sovereign was the exception though. IMHO I prefer the classics like the Connie, or the Constellation.

But I have to say I do not know of a starship design I completely dislike. Miranda was to some degree my least favourite of the older ships, but since buildng a Miranda mesh it has grown on me, and I see many things about it that I now like. I think this will be the case with NX-01. Many may have said urgh! at first. But a little way down the line we may fall in love with it. We really have to wait until we see more of it in 3D, and on screen.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
based upon the blue prints i have made my first enterprise (in flight)3d view
it's only a sketch
ok here:
http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/NX01.jpg

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purty...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Did your mum put it up on the fridge? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Nice. Did your mum put it up on the fridge? 8)

hehe :-)
sorry but i am a single and have my own apartment
cya
lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps