Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Sev Trek

Author Topic: Sev Trek
Saintly
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if any of you had missed Sev Trek?
Here's the address for a great site that has cartoons spoofing Star Trek. The fellow who writes them is quite a hit "down under."

http://www.sev.com.au/toonzone/sevtrek.htm

I hope you enjoy the comix as much as I do!

He also has some X-Files spoofs and other comics that he supplies to his local newspapers.

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I know JC didn't send you to plug Sev Trek, this is spamming nonetheless. I myself am an ardent Sev follower, so please don't make a nuisiance of all Sevilians by plugging the site before posting anything else here.

*awaits padlock of death from CC to arrive shortly*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Saintly
Ex-Member

Sorry The, I didn't realize. I just wanted to share with others. Won't happen every again.

Bye.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AcK! Sev trek! Blech! Sorry, hate it, I find it horribly stupid. I even flamed about it.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff: I wonder what exactly you don't like about Sev Trek.

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have to agree with Jeff Raven. While Sev Trek doesn't make me want to vomit profusely, I find that a lot of the cartoons rely on some pretty lame humor. I don't find a lot of it funny.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Not just the jokes, the graphics are a bit mediocre too, and the "funny" names are tragic. There are a few good ones, but..well..

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now he's started a comic strip series called Sev Wars. He writing strips for the four "sevisodes" we know of right now: The Franchise Menance, A No Hoper, The Impure Sevs Back, and Rerun of the Redeye.

I guess all that's left is to wait for Babylon Sev.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Saintly
Ex-Member

Bernd, My sons and I were going through some of the archives and started laughing so hard we could hardly continue. We especially enjoyed the one about the Ensign that was zapped and they were complaining about the burn mark on the carpet. 0=] I enjoy seeing one picture and then seeing what everyone has entered in. Most of the humour is lost on non-sev trek fans because often it will refer to a previous comic. Enjoy!
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Saintly and I feel I have to defend Sev Trek. I know Sev Trek for a long time, and I've a Sev Trek cartoon on my site, too. John Cook may not be the most talented draftsman, but he gets the essential characteristics and details right. Humor is a matter of taste, of course. To me Sev Trek is *the* parody of Star Trek, because it aims at Star Trek specific peculiarities, w/o requiring any obscure present-day nationally or politically restricted in-jokes. As for the names, it could have been better to stick to the real character names, but I would miss "Gym Quirk", "Chocolatay", "Hairy Chin" or "Kneelicks".

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps